• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy has reached a decision

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

31 minutes ago, Brad said:

But, in line with your comment I was going to write that even if the two of them performed in scrimmages identically, as a coach I would go with the veteran that has mastered the intangibles. 

This was my take as well.  Why would the coach not go with the older and more experienced player given the state things are in?  The younger player would have to really outperform him.  

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Wow. Has any QB ever transferred to a team’s rival like this? Brock Berlin is the only one I can think of. 
McClain can go kick rocks if he ends up at UCF.  
I wouldn’t mind seeing a bit of “non-vulgar” heckling going his way if we end up winning this year. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, zarnozdabull said:

if we end up winning this year. 

We must win this year.  Let's even it up, tip the cap and then boo them off the field lol...  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

13 minutes ago, michibull said:

Agreed. We have to remember that CJS and staff had 2 full off seasons and a full year of games to evaluate Timmy. After one off season and a full season of games, they decided that they needed another QB (for whatever number of reasons) and got one. Then to be fair, they gave him another off season to beat out Gerry and couldn’t do it; I think that tells us what we need to know. I think Timmy is a talented kid, but clearly the coaches AND players love Gerry and see him as the man and leader of the team and not Timmy (again, even the players on his team that have played with Timmy for a year and a half and still voted Gerry as a leader and not Timmy; which says a lot). I think either Timmy was too short sighted or impatient to wait and learn behind Gerry or the coaches made it clear to him that they feel he doesn’t have it; either way, I wish him the best of luck, but I think we are in a lot better position today than yesterday. 

Honestly, I think they would have been fine going with TM and continue to let him grow but GB was a very special get. This wasn't Fortin, Barnett or even Williams. They kind of took a chance, which realistically hasn't panned out yet, because the only video on GB post injury wasn't very flattering for the most part .... fingers still crossed that we get the pre injury Gerry when the bullets start flying for real.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  137
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, UCF11and1 said:

Don't you guys lose your QB for the future with McClain transferring? Is Bohannon good for 2 years or just 1?

As Brad says he has 2 years, and the coaching staff really likes freshman Byrum Brown. Bohannon and Brown also seem to have developed a very close relationship off the field.

Timmy showed some legitimate flashes against some very good teams as I'm sure you know from watching the War on I-4 last year, but if we are being honest for a team and coaching staff that needs to win as quickly as possible he was never going to be better than Bohannon this season. Gerry just led his team to a 10-2 record and a Big 12 Championship, Timmy was the QB for a team that finished 2-10 and he had a 5:7 TD:INT ratio. Timmy has all the potential in the world to be a great college QB, but his timeline didn't align with our coaching staff's.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569

48 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Meh, we can call it part of the Prisoner Exchange Program ...... Lofton for McClain.

Watch out for moles!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,556
  • Days Won:  25

17 minutes ago, MDBull20 said:

As Brad says he has 2 years, and the coaching staff really likes freshman Byrum Brown. Bohannon and Brown also seem to have developed a very close relationship off the field.

Timmy showed some legitimate flashes against some very good teams as I'm sure you know from watching the War on I-4 last year, but if we are being honest for a team and coaching staff that needs to win as quickly as possible he was never going to be better than Bohannon this season. Gerry just led his team to a 10-2 record and a Big 12 Championship, Timmy was the QB for a team that finished 2-10 and he had a 5:7 TD:INT ratio. Timmy has all the potential in the world to be a great college QB, but his timeline didn't align with our coaching staff's.

If Jeff Scott and his staff can't put together a .500 or better season, I do not know how anyone can justify keeping them around. I am sure Jeff Scott is aware and went all in with Gerry B.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  957

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Honestly, I think they would have been fine going with TM and continue to let him grow but GB was a very special get. This wasn't Fortin, Barnett or even Williams. They kind of took a chance, which realistically hasn't panned out yet, because the only video on GB post injury wasn't very flattering for the most part .... fingers still crossed that we get the pre injury Gerry when the bullets start flying for real.

Fair point; it’s not very often a P5 guy that has had success has transfer, and yes, post injury is always a concern.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

His hamstring is not an issue, why you would think this would still be a problem 9 mos later is perplexing?  He could always aggravate it again but dude is 100% and ready to throw darts and run like a deer.  Trust in GB, we are going to shock some bitches this year. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,556
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

His hamstring is not an issue, why you would think this would still be a problem 9 mos later is perplexing?  He could always aggravate it again but dude is 100% and ready to throw darts and run like a deer.  Trust in GB, we are going to shock some ******* this year. 

Lets hope so. We need the oline, defense, coaching staff to step up , and set the bar as high as Gerry B did.