• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy has reached a decision

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

8 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

One must ask themself, what is his skill set and why would they be of interest. I’d also say this is a clear indication that he thinks he can win a QB battle with whomever they get. This also doesn’t mean he made a bad move, maybe USF has a problem. 

I chose not to think like everyone else in this scenario. Especially if there could be something to it.

Let's be real, it was a competition here but it wasn't. If he does end up with the Kanigits, I think he'll get more of a chance to really compete ...... and he'll be home, so good for him.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Let's be real, it was a competition here but it wasn't. If he does end up with the Kanigits, I think he'll get more of a chance to really compete ...... and he'll be home, so good for him.

Your not wrong. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Seems like they were getting equal snaps and Canon Bohanon was Much Better.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Bohanon would have had to really look like **** to not win the job.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

1 minute ago, E.T. said:

Bohanon's completion percentage was over 13% points higher than any other QB in fall camp and has by far the best tape, stats, and experience. Bohanon was a top 3 vote getter to be a team leader, Timmy got 0 votes. Gerry was a top 2 grit leader, Timmy never made the list. Timmy being the starter over Gerry would have been a lot crazier than whats happening.

I'm putting 0 weight into the no competition comments unless a story comes out about it. This coaching staff is on the hot seat, they need wins over everything. Thats why they risked Timmy transferring. If they thought he was better or even as good they wouldn't have hesitated to make him starter.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Bohanon would have had to really look like **** to not win the job.

Yes, but sounds like he was much more than average - 80% Completion and made many more reads than the others . . . the others seemed to look like what we say at the Spring Game.

And not 1 player gave him a vote to be a leader . . . including Horn. Reason why I do not expect him to leave. He's already the man here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, E.T. said:

That’s not what reports said. But maybe there is truth to it. 

2 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Yes, but sounds like he was much more than average - 80% Completion and made many more reads than the others . . . the others seemed to look like what we say at the Spring Game.

And not 1 player gave him a vote to be a leader . . . including Horn. Reason why I do not expect him to leave. He's already the man here.

There you go. Leadership quality once again matters. That was the difference maker.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

That’s not what reports said. But maybe there is truth to it. 

reports said they weren't getting equal snaps or that Bohanon wasn't much better?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, bulloni said:

Bohanon's completion percentage was over 13% points higher than any other QB in fall camp and has by far the best tape, stats, and experience. Bohanon was a top 3 vote getter to be a team leader, Timmy got 0 votes. Gerry was a top 2 grit leader, Timmy never made the list. Timmy being the starter over Gerry would have been a lot crazier than whats happening.

I'm putting 0 weight into the no competition comments unless a story comes out about it. This coaching staff is on the hot seat, they need wins over everything. Thats why they risked Timmy transferring. If they thought he was better or even as good they wouldn't have hesitated to make him starter.

It's always really hard to tell. Because sport parents will always make it seem like their kid didn't get a fair shake.