• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy has reached a decision

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

I really do not understand this move.  He lost the qb battle.  UCF is a better team than USF.  Does he think he is getting into a better situation? Is UCF planning on not recruiting or accepting QB transfers with P5 talent?

Right now, we don't have a super set QB situation. Though obviously he's ineligible for 2022. We have an incoming freshman who's Gus's first QB recruit so that could be the future. But for now, it's a job that does have the opportunity to be won for next year. At least on paper. 

I've also heard that McClain and Horn both wanted to come to UCF but Heupel never really pursued. Which is weird given their talent.

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

5 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

I really do not understand this move.  He lost the qb battle.  UCF is a better team than USF.  Does he think he is getting into a better situation? Is UCF planning on not recruiting or accepting QB transfers with P5 talent?

Looks like he will be the 4th highest rated QB recruit on their roster. Not sure that QB battle will be any easier

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, UCF_rustbucket said:

I've also heard that McClain and Horn both wanted to come to UCF but Heupel never really pursued. Which is weird given their talent.

Yeah seen a lot of comments on Horn and not sure what to think.

He's reposted USF stuff a couple times in the past day, including the past hour. Seeing that let me exhale lol.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

One must ask themself, what is his skill set and why would they be of interest. I’d also say this is a clear indication that he thinks he can win a QB battle with whomever they get. This also doesn’t mean he made a bad move, maybe USF has a problem. 

I chose not to think like everyone else in this scenario. Especially if there could be something to it.

Edited by CycleBull

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, CycleBull said:

One must ask themself, what is his skill set and why would they be of interest. I’d also say this is a clear indication that he thinks he can win a QB battle with whomever they get. This also doesn’t mean he made a bad move, maybe USF has a problem. 

Just objectively looking at the freshman qb who played at UCF last season, he was better than Timmy.  Is Timmy betting the backup does not develop?

Just now, 12inchtaint! said:

Just objectively looking at the freshman qb who played at UCF last season, he was better than Timmy.  Is Timmy betting the backup does not develop?

A ex professional football player told me, he always bet on himself. Maybe Timmy has that mindset. Stats from last year under this coaching staff and team can’t be compared.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

20 minutes ago, bulloni said:

If he's on their sideline (in street clothes) for this years game things will be interesting.

Fans heckling? all but certain, hopefully they keep it clean

Gerry staring over after throwing a TD? doubtful but would be a hilarious moment in the rivalry

I would hope all of our fans are above that ....... but who am I kidding.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

Heckling is part of the game . . . as long as it doesn't get personal. Be creative in your heckling . . . key is to get laughs!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, E.T. said:

Heckling is part of the game . . . as long as it doesn't get personal. Be creative in your heckling . . . key is to get laughs!

By the posts in this group, it will get personal. I’m more of the type to understand and then get mad at the source. Probably won’t know what actually occurred, but it starts with the coaches.

yes, I yelled at strong early on when I saw problems. People thought I was crazy.

Edited by CycleBull