• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy has reached a decision

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, Brad said:

We actually had 6, Timmy had 5, so I hope that makes you feel better!

I was referring to Timmy's 5 passes in the American conference but 6 total makes it worse not better . The offense was so bad at passing  last year . I know Timmy was a true freshmen thrown to the wolves but it is what it is.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Ghostbuster said:

Lol I doubt ucf is so scared of us they they would offer a scholarship or preferred spot to a 2 win QB (that threw all of 5 touchdowns), just to have an edge in one game this year.

Our playbook with Timmy was "run around and make something happen with your legs".  UCF can have that for free.  I'm more interested in what the coaches draw up for the QB they graded out at 90% decision making and 80% accuracy.

My only concern is the verbiage that could be relayed, on both sides of the ball, but assume that could be tweaked if need be ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Football coaches don't change up stuff?

I never ended the basketball season with the same offense and defense. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

13 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

He had a hell of a chance if he put his head down and learned from GB like GB did. If I'm not mistaken GB sat three years on the bench... 

Roughly the same chance as anyone else in the room and I don't get the "learn from GB" mantra people keep trumpeting here

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

My only concern is the verbiage that could be relayed, on both sides of the ball, but assume that could be tweaked if need be ....

Well I hope they don't line 5 to 8 yards off the ball every play on defense and bring some kind of pressure every play.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Absolutely not, just saying that GB was brought here to be a starter and he would have had to look like Matt Floyd and Timmy look like Q in his prime for TM to have retained the starting job. Apparently, GB came in and made it a no brainer for the staff .......... and my response was to someone saying because TM bolted now, that, if he doesn't get the starting job at the next stop, will he quit again, and was just pointing out they are two different situations.

Got it

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

20 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Roughly the same chance as anyone else in the room and I don't get the "learn from GB" mantra people keep trumpeting here

I guess. If i was offered a job and then yanked out from under me i would say **** off and bail out too. 

"Learn from GB" is because he had an experienced QB room to sit behind and learn from. TM did not. He got thrown to the wolves. It would have done him good to sit behind a veteran. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

If any player on the roster wants to transfer to UCF, then let them. They aren't truly a Bull & will not give the effort & passion that is needed to make the team successful anyways. We need 100% Bulls.

I felt bad for Timmy, but if he transfers to UCF, he is dead to me.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Sk00b said:

I guess. If i was offered a job and then yanked out from under me i would say **** off and bail out too. 

"Learn from GB" is because he had an experienced QB room to sit behind and learn from. TM did not. He got thrown to the wolves. It would have done him good to sit behind a veteran. 

Your two statements contradict. Your first one agrees with him, the second doesn't

There is no world where Timmy was "offered" the starting job and it got yanked out. xQB Timmy got beat out. When I got my place as head of my department originally, I **** sure knew it was by default and it wasn't on merit. It was because I was the current best of what was available. I knew that I was on the ropes and I needed to step it up to make it mine. If I got replaced, I'd have been angry, but it wouldn't have been a "**** off" situation. If I got replaced those first couple years, I'd have been pissed, but I didn't earn my position. I could have ran or I could have accepted that I now have someone around to learn what I was lacking. There is no world where TM could have looked at last year and thought QB1 was his. If he did, that's a TM problem, not a USF football problem. 

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Your two statements contradict. xQB Timmy got beat out. When I got my place as head of my department originally, I **** sure knew it was by default and it wasn't on merit. It was because I was the current best of what was available. I knew that I was on the ropes and I needed to step it up to make it mine. If I got replaced, I'd have been angry, but it wouldn't have been a "**** off" situation. If I got replaced those first couple years, I'd have been pissed, but I didn't earn my position. There is no world where TM could have looked at last year and thought QB1 was his. If he did, that's a TM problem, not a USF football problem.

Yep... you are definitely right. I missed a segway there or something. GD beers!

• Haha 1