• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy has reached a decision

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

If Timmy goes to UCF, how is that any different than the situation he's leaving? Looks like they haven't named a starter yet, but if it's Plumlee, he's the same guy as Bohannon - an experienced senior with two years left to play. If it's Keene, then he has three years to play. And if whoever they choose has a really good season in 2022, what are the odds a newcomer beats either out for the job in 2023? The whole thing makes zero sense.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

10 hours ago, JTrue said:

There is no world where TM could have looked at last year and thought QB1 was his. If he did, that's a TM problem, not a USF football problem. 

In a world without GB there absolutely was ..... and I'm not saying he was going to sit back, not work and just assume he'd get the job but the odds of a true freshman beating him out would have been just as minuscule as the odds for TM beating out GB.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

He started 9 games here. Over/under Timmy starts 9 games at UCF?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

but the odds of a true freshman beating him out would have been just as minuscule as the odds for TM beating out GB.

I think that is debatable. 

Timmy had some bright spots, but some low spots as well.  As the HC, I most certainly would have had an open competition whether GB showed up or not.  We needed better QB performance than what we saw in 2021.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

If Timmy goes to UCF, how is that any different than the situation he's leaving? Looks like they haven't named a starter yet, but if it's Plumlee, he's the same guy as Bohannon - an experienced senior with two years left to play. If it's Keene, then he has three years to play. And if whoever they choose has a really good season in 2022, what are the odds a newcomer beats either out for the job in 2023? The whole thing makes zero sense.

It's almost like he's doing it just to blow it on our face. I mean, it definitely isn't a better QB situation at all.

If that's the case, then he can F off, crybaby.

15 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Seeing all that, it does make it kind of a head scratcher if TM does end up there ....... but what will be interesting to watch is, if Plumlee does win the battle for QB1, how Mikey handles it.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think that is debatable. 

Timmy had some bright spots, but some low spots as well.  As the HC, I most certainly would have had an open competition whether GB showed up or not.  We needed better QB performance than what we saw in 2021.

It's definitely debatable but I just don't think CJS hands the reins of the offense over to a true freshman going in. TM showed enough flashes last year to see what he could be capable of and would be given the chance to make that jump from the first to second year ...... not sure how short the leash would have been.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

It's almost like he's doing it just to blow it on our face. I mean, it definitely isn't a better QB situation at all.

If that's the case, then he can F off, crybaby.

I sincerely doubt he wastes his college career just to blow it on our face. Someone mentioned it somewhere in all this about the a top priority for upper level athletes is the belief in yourself and maybe he truly believes he can go over there and win the starting job next year.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

29 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

It's almost like he's doing it just to blow it on our face.

Well, it's not hard to suggest dad's pulling the strings.  It is close to home.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

UCF Rotting?  Seems like a Freudian slip.

LOL auto correct strikes again. But I do hope they rot lol