• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We are going to look back at this as one of the most important decisions for USF in many years. If this kid can light it up we might become a transfer destination for unwanted, but effective, QBs. We will get to 6 wins…maybe 7.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Good luck to Timmy and super excited for Gerry this year. I haven't read a single thing that makes me think this was a bad decision. GB, apparently, works his ass off in the weight room, studies like crazy, and has the respect of this team from top to bottom. Timmy does not currently possess these things. While I'd personally like him to stick around and mature, physically and footbally (is that a word?), it is what it is. The worst part of this is, Timmy is going to sit this entire year AND end up at a Sun Belt school when he could have taken his lumps, matured, and been our QB for two years. Instead, he's going to take the same time off and be Georgia State's QB. 

• Like 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Not sure if already posted, but I found this interesting:

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,310
  • Days Won:  25

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

Good luck to Timmy and super excited for Gerry this year. I haven't read a single thing that makes me think this was a bad decision. GB, apparently, works his ass off in the weight room, studies like crazy, and has the respect of this team from top to bottom. Timmy does not currently possess these things. While I'd personally like him to stick around and mature, physically and footbally (is that a word?), it is what it is. The worst part of this is, Timmy is going to sit this entire year AND end up at a Sun Belt school when he could have taken his lumps, matured, and been our QB for two years. Instead, he's going to take the same time off and be Georgia State's QB. 

I don't always agree with you but this I do. I just don't see Timmy landing at a better university after not playing for a year, being coached by active college talent, competing against college players, and trained by a college staff. I know he can go the private route and pay money for training but I don't think it is the same as competing with actual college players. I hope it works out the best for him whatever direction his path takes him. Transferring this late is just an odd move because he has to sit out  this season from playing regardless and next season will be another year of the wild wild west with transfers and recruiting plus year two of the NIL scam.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

10 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We are going to look back at this as one of the most important decisions for USF in many years. If this kid can light it up we might become a transfer destination for unwanted, but effective, QBs. We will get to 6 wins…maybe 7.

Fingers crossed.  We need it like now.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

31 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I don't always agree with you but this I do. I just don't see Timmy landing at a better university after not playing for a year, being coached by active college talent, competing against college players, and trained by a college staff. I know he can go the private route and pay money for training but I don't think it is the same as competing with actual college players. I hope it works out the best for him whatever direction his path takes him. Transferring this late is just an odd move because he has to sit out  this season from playing regardless and next season will be another year of the wild wild west with transfers and recruiting plus year two of the NIL scam.

He will be somewhere this week... he won't be able to play, but he can practice.

• Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

I don't see anything on 24/7 regarding Ti9mmy's transfer and has Timmy made a public announcement Thanking USF for the past year? 

03a0ba0fb037bac03abcb3ff029ad56f

TAMPA ­­­— Sometime Sunday, USF coach Jeff Scott made one of the hardest no-brainer decisions he’ll ever make with the Bulls. He named Baylor transfer Gerry Bohanon the...

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

This quote really flew over a lot of people's head. 

"When every offensive player confidentially listed the unit’s top three leaders on the eve of preseason camp, Bohanon ­finished in the top three ... despite having not yet taken a single rep with them. No other quarterback received a vote."

1 hour ago, E.T. said:
03a0ba0fb037bac03abcb3ff029ad56f

TAMPA ­­­— Sometime Sunday, USF coach Jeff Scott made one of the hardest no-brainer decisions he’ll ever make with the Bulls. He named Baylor transfer Gerry Bohanon the...

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

This quote really flew over a lot of people's head. 

"When every offensive player confidentially listed the unit’s top three leaders on the eve of preseason camp, Bohanon ­finished in the top three ... despite having not yet taken a single rep with them. No other quarterback received a vote."

I heard that yesterday and it's a Big Statement from the players . . . and answers any questions people would have regarding Horn transferring out also. This was NOT Timmy's team . . . and by this alone, expecting a harder pushing team in 2022.

Go BULLS !!!