• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

Soooo . . .

If Gerry goes Pro and nobody picked up Timmy, do you bring him back :)

Lets Go Reaction GIF by Energy FC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

3 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Soooo . . .

LOL

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Soooo . . .

I think daddy and high school coach burned too many bridges to make that possible 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes and if Buddy goes down or transfers? Trying to increase the stock of QBs should always be the #1 item for CJS. Its the most important position...and if Buddy or some other QB gets their feelings hurt and leaves, then that is too bad. This is a business and the goal is to win games. Always be thinking upgrade, upgrade, upgrade. 

That's kind of on some Captain Obvious ****. Of curse if he gets injured or somebody transfers we need somebody new. Or if such a great transfer player comes along.  But if Gerry stays healthy,  Marsh, Brown and Gunnar all "not transfer" and actually develop then it will not be a NEED. Of course that requires developing the QBs you do have. Both of our perspectives are situational. Also you have to find the right balance of "loyalty". Because if players see that you are quick to move on from them w/o even attempting to help them develop, then you kind of lose a trust factor among future recruits. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

The QB has got to be the leader of the team. The leader has got to work harder than anyone else and has got to be willing to sacrifice for the team. Gerry did that from day one and Timmy ran away, tells me everything I need to know. I was never a fan of Timmy’s, he was talented, but just didn’t seem to have “it”. I wish him good luck and I truly hope he finds success and happiness in life, but I think this was best for both parties. I think Marsh and Gunnar have just as much talent as Timmy and will learn A LOT from Gerry this year and next. I still think we will get 2 years with Gerry and when Marsh or Gunnar get their chance, they will be ready. I like our situation at QB and now we can focus our limited scholarships on positions of higher need. 

6 minutes ago, michibull said:

The QB has got to be the leader of the team. The leader has got to work harder than anyone else and has got to be willing to sacrifice for the team. Gerry did that from day one and Timmy ran away, tells me everything I need to know. I was never a fan of Timmy’s, he was talented, but just didn’t seem to have “it”. I wish him good luck and I truly hope he finds success and happiness in life, but I think this was best for both parties. I think Marsh and Gunnar have just as much talent as Timmy and will learn A LOT from Gerry this year and next. I still think we will get 2 years with Gerry and when Marsh or Gunnar get their chance, they will be ready. I like our situation at QB and now we can focus our limited scholarships on positions of higher need. 

How are you leaving out Byrum Brown? lol

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

How are you leaving out Byrum Brown? lol

Haha, my bad, slipped my mind. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Byrum Brown was a higher ranked recruit than Timmy and based on the grit scores was getting after it in practice more even as the younger player.

I had already started to think there was a good chance after Gerry left Byrum would beat out Timmy as the successor.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,468
  • Days Won:  13

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

Uuuhhhhh......what was his decision?