• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

In thinking about this further, Timmy leaving may have been the best thing for this team. Gerry will not be looking over his shoulder constantly. There won't be a clamoring to make a quick switch at the QB position if there are some early struggles. There won't be discontent and cliques in the locker room that could lead to dissention amongst the players. The old saying goes if you have two QBs you really don't have one at all. 

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

11 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

In thinking about this further, Timmy leaving may have been the best thing for this team. Gerry will not be looking over his shoulder constantly. There won't be a clamoring to make a quick switch at the QB position if there are some early struggles. There won't be discontent and cliques in the locker room that could lead to dissention amongst the players. The old saying goes if you have two QBs you really don't have one at all. 

In addition, I think Marsh is ok being 2nd string to a Gerry Bohanon more than McClain whom he probably felt he was better than. Byrum Brown seems like a big kid who is simply enjoying his experience as he develops. Gunnar Smith has time to gain some weight, and now we can recruit QBs and let them develop instead of always needing to pull in a transfer QB. That is what 4 years in a row we have gotten a transfer QB? I  think we can take next year off from recruiting a transfer QB. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

In addition, I think Marsh is ok being 2nd string to a Gerry Bohanon more than McClain whom he probably felt he was better than. Byrum Brown seems like a big kid who is simply enjoying his experience as he develops. Gunnar Smith has time to gain some weight, and now we can recruit QBs and let them develop instead of always needing to pull in a transfer QB. That is what 4 years in a row we have gotten a transfer QB? I  think we can take next year off from recruiting a transfer QB. 

Naw, keep ‘em coming.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

11 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

100%

We have balanced depth at the QB position.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

QB1 Bohanon

QB2 Marsh

QB3 Brown

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

USF should NEVER close the door on any quality QB transfer….we are simply not in position to do otherwise. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

USF should NEVER close the door on any quality QB transfer….we are simply not in position to do otherwise. 

If a situation like Bohanon or better pops up then cool. But it's not a NEED in which we have to actively pursue a QB. Unless Gerry goes to the NFL we have 2 years with buddy. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah I think we should add what we can at a high velocity just to get back up to medium.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

If a situation like Bohanon or better pops up then cool. But it's not a NEED in which we have to actively pursue a QB. Unless Gerry goes to the NFL we have 2 years with buddy. 

Yes and if Buddy goes down or transfers? Trying to increase the stock of QBs should always be the #1 item for CJS. Its the most important position...and if Buddy or some other QB gets their feelings hurt and leaves, then that is too bad. This is a business and the goal is to win games. Always be thinking upgrade, upgrade, upgrade. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

37 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

if Buddy or some other QB gets their feelings hurt and leaves, then that is too bad.

I see Timmy because he started (I guess), but if things start swinging in the up direction I don't know why they wouldn't want to step into a hyped program later.

Edited by Rocky Style