• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,747
  • Content Count:  37,637
  • Days Won:  29

Did Timmy release a statement?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

He talks like he has been a part of this team for years. We have a grown man leading our team this year.  

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He talks like he has been a part of this team for years. We have a grown man leading our team this year.  

I wonder what gives as to why GB1 had one of the highest GRIT rankings and timmy wasnt even on the leaderboard

I didnt see timmy this vocal about the opportunity, or talking like this to the media/socials team 

it clearly seems that gerry is the more defined and mature leader

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, sparkybull said:

I wonder what gives as to why GB1 had one of the highest GRIT rankings and timmy wasnt even on the leaderboard

I didnt see timmy this vocal about the opportunity, or talking like this to the media/socials team 

it clearly seems that gerry is the more defined and mature leader

Compared to Gerry, Timmy is a child. The right decision was made. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Compared to Gerry, Timmy is a child. The right decision was made. 

no doubt....

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Congratulations to Gerry.  I think he will bring some excitement back to USF football.  The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced that this is a pride thing for Timmy (or his dad).  I don't think it was ever a "competition," and I think the verdict was basically in the day Gerry came to campus.  So if I'm Timmy, I'm probably upset that this was advertised as a "competition," and then when Gerry was announced it became a "competition that I lost" when in reality, I was never going to be the starter anyway.  Maybe I'm not upset if they had just come out and said to the fanbase that Gerry was the #1 QB, TMc was backup, and we plan for TMc to be our starter next year...or something like that rather than advertise it as a competition where both had an equal chance.  Just a speculation on my part on why such an abrupt decision was made that seems to say "you guys dissed me and I want out now."

Either way, it's all behind us now.  We need to look forward to BYU.  Go Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,747
  • Content Count:  37,637
  • Days Won:  29

And yesterday USF releases about Gerry being a Preseason Candidate for an award . . . seems they were cuddling Timmy in some way.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Congratulations to Gerry.  I think he will bring some excitement back to USF football.  The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced that this is a pride thing for Timmy (or his dad).  I don't think it was ever a "competition," and I think the verdict was basically in the day Gerry came to campus.  So if I'm Timmy, I'm probably upset that this was advertised as a "competition," and then when Gerry was announced it became a "competition that I lost" when in reality, I was never going to be the starter anyway.  Maybe I'm not upset if they had just come out and said to the fanbase that Gerry was the #1 QB, TMc was backup, and we plan for TMc to be our starter next year...or something like that rather than advertise it as a competition where both had an equal chance.  Just a speculation on my part on why such an abrupt decision was made that seems to say "you guys dissed me and I want out now."

As my dear departed momma used to say,  “Don’t go cutting off your nose to spite your face.”

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,056
  • Days Won:  38

18 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

As my dear departed momma used to say,  “Don’t go cutting off your nose to spite your face.”

It's good advice.  Even in corporate land.  Better to bow out gracefully and not telegraph moves.  Then win later hahaha...

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

47 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

IMO, Gerry was viewed as the frontrunner, but there was still a competition taking place. If Gerry came in and couldn't learn the playbook, click with teammates, or show leadership, then Timmy was there to continue as the starter. I think the coaches realized what they had with Timmy following the Spring Game and that is why the decision was made as well. Timmy had a chance to elevate his game further when Gerry came on the scene. There may have been some complacency with just Marsh (who was looking for a new home prior to the Spring) behind him. We don't know how all of this played out, but I am interested to hear CJS's comments around 11 am today. I am sure he won't talk about Timmy much other than to say he is no longer with the team, it was a close competition, and he wishes him well. Then he will turn to lauding Gerry and saying that they are confident in Marsh as the backup.  

• Upvote 1