• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,878
  • Days Won:  67

32 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Could it be that his supporting cast at Baylor was better than his supporting cast will be here?

That is obvious much like the defenses he was playing against were much better as well.  Dude can play, you can doubt all you want for now, get it out over the next couple weeks. 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

Daddy McClain claims there was never any competition.  This is not the first time he has said this... Either way in Gerry B we win or lose!

image.png.84ff37e6196f53ed19bcba78695f5f78.png

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,405
  • Days Won:  3

5 minutes ago, sparkybull said:

especially in the era of NIL....

Welcome @sparkybull

So you're saying he got $$$. 🤔 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Sk00b said:

Welcome @sparkybull

So you're saying he got $$$. 🤔 

thanks! glad to have stumbled on this page. been looking for a forum instead of twitter 

honestly probably not officially. but surely that's on his mind. look at SMU for example - those athletes are about to be making a pretty salary off of NIL. i'm sure someone would offer an athletic QB like him and hook it with NIL talk.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I agree with you @CycleBull.  He showed up prepared.

We don't need to find something to rip on him.  We can just let him go. 

1 hour ago, CycleBull said:

Before Timmy came here he had verbal offers from UCF, Kentucky, Louisville, West Virginia, and Boston College.

Timmy still signed on to this dumpster fire of a program even after winning a state football title. I really hate that it ended this way and hope to hell we're getting the pre-injury GB, which if we are, is just an offer CJS couldn't refuse ....... but this whole thing still sucks in a way.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,827
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, sparkybull said:

thanks! glad to have stumbled on this page. been looking for a forum instead of twitter 

honestly probably not officially. but surely that's on his mind. look at SMU for example - those athletes are about to be making a pretty salary off of NIL. i'm sure someone would offer an athletic QB like him and hook it with NIL talk.

For sure in this day and age of transfer portal and NIL everyone is a free agent every year. Imagine if Bohanon wasn’t here, and Timmy had a big year you don’t think bigger offers would had been in his ear? No guarantees that he or anyone starting remains here all 4 years. Those days are over.

Every year the coach must recruit freshmen, transfers and his own players and you better have some good NIL deals or you’ll lose best players

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Daddy McClain claims there was never any competition.  This is not the first time he has said this... Either way in Gerry B we win or lose!

image.png.84ff37e6196f53ed19bcba78695f5f78.png

This has already been posted and really doesn't need to see the light of day again ....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Cubanbull said:

For sure in this day and age of transfer portal and NIL everyone is a free agent every year. Imagine if Bohanon wasn’t here, and Timmy had a big year you don’t think bigger offers would had been in his ear? No guarantees that he or anyone starting remains here all 4 years. Those days are over.

Every year the coach must recruit freshmen, transfers and his own players and you better have some good NIL deals or you’ll lose best players

forget being able to develop talent at a position now...  imagine if BJ Daniels just transferred when he wasnt a starter. that FSU game wouldnt have happened. he wouldnt be a USF QB legend. but he stuck around the team and was a good teammate.

he goes on and plays in the pros, gets a super bowl ring.

I guess i dont understand the calculus being used here, that transferring fixes your situation.

heck, jordan mccloud is locked up in a QB battle (and, doesnt look like he will win it...) at one of the worst P5 programs in the country right now.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Timmy still signed on to this dumpster fire of a program even after winning a state football title. I really hate that it ended this way and hope to hell we're getting the pre-injury GB, which if we are, is just an offer CJS couldn't refuse ....... but this whole thing still sucks in a way.

We live and we hopefully learn. May our dumpster fire days turn to ashes. If he didn’t go after GB we would think he was crazy.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,484
  • Days Won:  25

Well 

36 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This sucks almost as bad as CJS's attempt to find and develop a quarterback. It is not all his fault. We are like 0 and what now ? Please Gerry B. be the one guy that finds success here under the center under Jeff Scott and turn this program around.  If we can get some momentum we can start developing qb now and get some in the pipeline.

Here is a list of all the guys that were here and gone over the last two years. I am not saying all of them were going to be our QB 1 but it is pretty crazy with all the turnover from the recruits and transfers. Welcome to the transfer portal and lack of QB development from good coaching for several years pre Scott and Post Scott,

2019 Pre Jeff Scott
Jordan McCloud    FR    QB    
Blake Barnett    SR    QB    
Kirk Rygol    SO    QB    
Jah'Quez Evans    FR    QB    
Octavious Battle    FR    QB    
Augie Debiase    SO    QB    
Kaden Frost    FR    QB    
Kyle Trina    SO    QB    
Jordan McCloud    SO    
Noah Johnson    SR    QB    
Cade Fortin    SO    QB    
Brendan Cyr    FR    QB    
Augie Debiase    JR    QB    
Jordan Smith    FR    I think he is still here but not where his position anymore.
McClain
Williams - never played
Fortin
I see this Ridge kid but have no idea about him and never heard of him.
Marsh was here but has not looked the part, there is time for him to improve.
Fortin
Gerry B.
Marsh
Byrum 
Smith
Bosnell
Gorduc
Jordan Smith     not sure if he is a QB or DB.

We really need Gerry B to be that guy.

Edited by Outlaw