• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

Scott better hope Bohanon can seriously increase the win total and gets off to a good start or his seat is gonna be nuclear hot very quickly.

• Topic Count:  2,343
  • Content Count:  21,362
  • Days Won:  10

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Welcome to the transfer portal. I think they should revisit the instant transfer status unless you sit out the whole year. If you transfer after playing 4 games you have to sit the next year  but not lose a year of eligibility.  Marsh would most likely havet o step down a level to get a starting job, Timmy can honestly probably win the starting QB role next year at most bottom 25 schools of FBS if he does not improve this year. If he works, embraces the backup role this year  aka injured mans starter, and further develops he may steal a job here or else where next year. Obviously CJS and the staff thought Gerry B was needed or they would not have brought him here. It looks like Gerry B has more talent and put in more work in the weight room  and conditioning program. If Timmy and his dad feel he got a raw deal then transfer out. If Timmy thinks he can outwork the guy prove it on the field and in practice, then take the man's job.  Timmy could outwork Gerry B and earn the spot, or wait his turn to prove he deserves the job. Best of luck Timmy and I hope you are the future starter at USF one day.

I think he has sour grapes and will not be coming back but I have been wrong before.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,616
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, Rizman said:

I think he has sour grapes and will not be coming back but I have been wrong before.

Best of luck Timmy in whatever your future brings.

3 minutes ago, jg233 said:

Scott better hope Bohanon can seriously increase the win total and gets off to a good start or his seat is gonna be nuclear hot very quickly.

Sadly the bar has been set so low improving would not be hard. The bar should be bowling or bust.

42 minutes ago, hm101 said:

No one wants to learn and grow anymore.

The starting job was his and he got outcompeted. 

WTF is up with the attitude and daddy coming in to whine. 

God what a terrible look. I feel embarrassed for him. See ya dude. 

Why learn and grow when you can transfer out to a school that guarantees you a job next year? Timmy is not eligible to play at any other school this year I believe because he was not in the transfer portal before the date to play this year. He should have played his four games and tried to earn the job. If not asked to be redshirted so he can transfer and not loose a year of eligibility while working out, practicing, and  competing with the team  to develop his skills. So if he is off the roster and is not eligible to play at another school this year, does he still continue with team activities? Hopefully the coaching staff can talk to him and daddy to explain the best situation for Timmy's development at USF or another school.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Why learn and grow when you can transfer out to a school that guarantees you a job next year? Timmy is not eligible to play at any other school this year I believe because he was not in the transfer portal before the date to play this year. He should have played his four games and tried to earn the job. If not asked to be redshirted so he can transfer and not loose a year of eligibility while working out, practicing, and  competing with the team  to develop his skills. So if he is off the roster and is not eligible to play at another school this year, does he still continue with team activities? Hopefully the coaching staff can talk to him and daddy to explain the best situation for Timmy's development at USF or another school.

Timmy is officially off of the roster now. That ship has sailed. Would love to know how this all played out. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, jg233 said:

Only way we get in trouble is he gets injured early, he is a baller.  His seat was going to be nuclear with Timmy if he didn’t show something as well.  CJS had to have a decent season and had not seen enough from TM to ensure this so he found someone that can make it happen.  This is probably the only time I have praised him in the past 2 seasons, he pulled a rabbit out of the hat. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

17 minutes ago, jg233 said:

For sure.  He’s 0-5 with a bunch of incompletes - McCloud, Fortin, Noah Johnson, Williams, McClain, Marsh, Bohanon, Brown, Smith.  His ability to identify a quality transfer QB is abysmal so far.  He needs to get this one right.  For the sake of the program i hope he did.

Edited by El_Toro_86
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Only way we get in trouble is he gets injured early, he is a baller.  His seat was going to be nuclear with Timmy if he didn’t show something as well.  CJS had to have a decent season and had not seen enough from TM to ensure this so he found someone that can make it happen.  This is probably the only time I have praised him in the past 2 seasons, he pulled a rabbit out of the hat. 

I watched highlights of GB at Baylor running the spread and looked better than anything we have seen in the last two years on offense. I do not blame him for giving Gerry the job especially since he outworked in the the GRIT ranking this offseason.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On 7/14/2022 at 10:12 PM, JTrue said:

If I were a betting man, Timmy bolts, Byrum stays. Byrum hasn't had the taste of being the guy. McClain has.

I just need Byrum to stick it out to collect my prize.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,567
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, JTrue said:

I just need Byrum to stick it out to collect my prize.

He's not leaving. He's probably been at every activity the team has had b/c he always in the event photos. He really seems to like it out here. He also has several pics with Gerry Bohanan so unlike Timmy, you can tell he actually embraced Bohanon as a peer mentor rather than competition.

• Upvote 1