• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GoUSFBulls.com: Scott Names Bohanon Bulls' Starter At Quarterback

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  184
  • Days Won:  0

Edited by MoneyBull83
Brad embedded html for MoneyBull83

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

24 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

You may want to read this about the young man. I would probably read all information about him before he came here. Probably not your typical qb or player.

McClain_Bull_in_the_Spotlight_Template.p

Timmy McClain leads the Bulls' offense with dazzling talent and...

Lamar Jackson who can actually throw? Michael Vick?

You're ******** me, right? We put this article on the internet?

That's an NFL MVP and another who ran like an elite college sprinter with an arm like an elite college pitcher.

Timmy threw for about 145 yards a game, with .33 TDs and rushed for less than Tom Brady does in a season. Tap the breaks everyone.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,163
  • Days Won:  56

Wouldn’t it be a heck of a story if Gerry has a good year this year, gets drafted and then Marsh wins the job in 2023 and goes on to have a great couple of seasons?

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  772
  • Days Won:  1

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Lamar Jackson who can actually throw? Michael Vick?

You're ******** me, right? We put this article on the internet?

That's an NFL MVP and another who ran like an elite college sprinter with an arm like an elite college pitcher.

Timmy threw for about 145 yards a game, with .33 TDs and rushed for less than Tom Brady does in a season. Tap the breaks everyone.

Slow down and read what I’m replying to. I’m not talking about the physical. He seems to prepare differently than other QBs. Probably not typical based on the coaches statement. I doubt he doesn’t have FB IQ.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,051
  • Days Won:  469

1 minute ago, CycleBull said:

I doubt he doesn’t have FB IQ.

I agree with you @CycleBull.  He showed up prepared.

We don't need to find something to rip on him.  We can just let him go. 

1 minute ago, Brad said:

I agree with you @CycleBull.  He showed up prepared.

We don't need to find something to rip on him.  We can just let him go. 

100%. Timmy has left USF for unknown waters. I’m sure months from now we will have an update on where he is headed. Best of luck to that young man who has time (minus a year) on his side to figure out his direction in life. We have a QB and let’s hope we have a capable back up. Let’s hope the freshman can learn and grow  from Gerry. Let’s hope Gerry will ball his ass off and get USF to a better place. Let’s hope the coaching staff is ready to strategize and win some games. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,099
  • Days Won:  39

11 minutes ago, CycleBull said:

100%. Timmy has left USF for unknown waters. I’m sure months from now we will have an update on where he is headed. Best of luck to that young man who has time (minus a year) on his side to figure out his direction in life. We have a QB and let’s hope we have a capable back up. Let’s hope the freshman can learn and grow  from Gerry. Let’s hope Gerry will ball his ass off and get USF to a better place. Let’s hope the coaching staff is ready to strategize and win some games. 

Well it has worked out for many who have come and gone through here.  Good luck indeed!

Some Timmy info based on the comments. 

Before Timmy came here he had verbal offers from UCF, Kentucky, Louisville, West Virginia, and Boston College. 

His father had high hopes for Timmy at USF. He said, “I do think that Coach Scott and Coach Weiss, will take him to that next level, and that’s the next level I can’t take him to.” (May 2020)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,570
  • Days Won:  25

I just don't see any positives from him transferring out this late if he has to sit out a year . He will have to pay for private coaching and training.  There is no guarantee he has a job next year anywhere. The other program that is promising him a job could land a stud transfer, stud recruit, and another guy like Gerry B that outworks him in camp with a little more pedigree and proven results. I am sure if he worked his rear off and didn't have a job after playing in four games he could have asked Scott to redshirt him.  He could still workout with the team, learn from a seasoned veteran QB, get reps in practice, get coached and developed, wait incase he got a chance to be  a starter to burn his redshirt, and then seek greener pastures next year without the Bulls.