• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  684
  • Content Count:  7,642
  • Days Won:  6

Here's the deal with actual attendance as I understand it.  When the stadium was built with taxpayers' money, the contact between the TSA, Bucs and Hillsborough County was that a per ticket fee would go to the County to help offset taxes I believe.  I think in the early days this was $2.50 per ticket.  When the first payments were made someone pointed out that the fee should only be charged on actual tickets used and not on all the free tickets given out and season tickets that are not used so they settled on the fee being paid on actual attendance.  Thus, the actual attendance number became public information and reporters caught on early that they could immediately get this figure and publish it.  It's a ***** not having your own stadium and living with these types of contracts and policies in the sunshine.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

19 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Considering they are going  and requesting them, pretty much shows the intent. Stating to think GA was never really supportive of USF either. Just had ways of hiding it behind much superior writing.

But go bulls. **** the media.

Didn't we talk about not reading the Times anymore?  Only way to change things is to stop clicking their links and tweeting back.

GA spoiled us all.  I don't think he was ever truly behind USF, but he put more content out there and usually had great game analysis and post game interviews.

There are other sources for Bulls news who actually care.  I've been turning to them more.

Edited by gibbsak
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

^^^ This all day long!!!!! :GoBulls:

Guest PCBull14
6 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

Didn't we talk about not reading the Times anymore?  Only way to change things is to stop clicking their links and tweeting back.

GA spoiled us all.  I don't think he was ever truly behind USF, but he put more content out there and usually had great game analysis and post game interviews.

There are other sources for Bulls news who actually care.  I've been turning to them more.

Yea this topic really just gets under my skin. You can bet I won't turn to them for any news anymore. Was just avoiding the sports section. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

There's always going to be pretty big discrepancy in attendance figures for the vast majority of programs, especially ones at our level, no matter what. There's really not much that can be done to change that fact. Unless the TSA is putting out a press release with the actual attendance numbers, this has nothing to do with JK hiding anything.

If more people are interested in attending the games, then people will be more inclined to use instead of waste their tickets. Thus the announced vs. actual gap would be smaller. For example, I bet this "gap" won't be so wide for the USF/FSU game. A better schedule and winning more over time (i.e. not just one season) are things that could be done. There may always be a gap, but I think there's lots of room for improvement.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

16 hours ago, Yogi said:

2000+ or bust.  

I pick bust.

south_fla_sfla_usf_south_florida_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,116
  • Days Won:  6

5 hours ago, Sellular1 said:

Houston basketball is almost as bad as ours.

They have some history though,  including playing for a NC in the 80s if memory serves.   

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

I pick bust.

south_fla_sfla_usf_south_florida_1.jpg

****....  I let her divorce me in 5 years

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

Skingraft you cannot handle or afford the blonde, you get her friend and I will take the blonde.  Go Bulls

• Upvote 1