• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  180
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

FWIW. The Bucs also get the actual attendence written up in the paper too. So it is not just a USF thing it is more of a Tampa Sports Authority thing about contracts. USF needs OCS so that this won't have to happen. ,

Agreed

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

16 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Here's the deal with actual attendance as I understand it.  When the stadium was built with taxpayers' money, the contact between the TSA, Bucs and Hillsborough County was that a per ticket fee would go to the County to help offset taxes I believe.  I think in the early days this was $2.50 per ticket.  When the first payments were made someone pointed out that the fee should only be charged on actual tickets used and not on all the free tickets given out and season tickets that are not used so they settled on the fee being paid on actual attendance.  Thus, the actual attendance number became public information and reporters caught on early that they could immediately get this figure and publish it.  It's a ***** not having your own stadium and living with these types of contracts and policies in the sunshine.

So I had to look this up.  The "ticket surcharge" is explained on page 10 of TSA's last FY stadium budget in this document.  This is why actual attendance is published as public info for every event at RayJay.

https://issuu.com/tampasportsauthority/docs/2015-2016_stadium_budget_final_post

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

33 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

So I had to look this up.  The "ticket surcharge" is explained on page 10 of TSA's last FY stadium budget in this document.  This is why actual attendance is published as public info for every event at RayJay.

https://issuu.com/tampasportsauthority/docs/2015-2016_stadium_budget_final_post

You nailed it. Never understood why USF fans are upset at Auman or Knight for reporting much as they can. They are just doing their jobs. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204

21 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I agree.  Houston could probably get into the Pac 12.   They need to expand further east.

Houston could possibly get into the Big 12, but Houston would continue to give the Texas schools a stranglehold on Big 12 voting.  There has to be resistance to that.  

I think they have a good shot, but I don't think it's a slam dunk by any means.

That's the other angle.  Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, and Houston.  Nearly half of the conference would be dominated by Texas and UT would likely use its clout to basically control that bloc and threaten to leave if they don't get what they want.  

But from UT, Baylor, etc angle, adding Houston would further dilute recruiting in the state.  Rice is less of a threat, but they have little upside.  

Air Force is a long shot, IMHO.  BYU has a national fanbase, but there are issues that I think would sink them joining.  UCF and USF both have solid cases, though I think the academics and research funding give USF an edge between the two.  UConn may be too far out at this point, despite the basketball program.  Houston would be a great candidate, but there are problems.  SMU has the same issues as Houston and I doubt TCU would want another Dallas area school in the mix.  Tulane.  No sure if I see the upside.  Louisiana is SEC territory and doesn't have the massive population where many can be picked off.  

A Florida expansion makes a lot of sense.  You could argue that adding USF and UCF is the wisest move for the conference because Florida has a huge population and many schools would get to have a recruiting trip to Florida as part of their schedule every year.  That said, Cincy makes a lot of sense as one as a bridge to WVU and an in into Ohio.

Be interesting to see where it goes. 

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Curiously, I wonder if WVU would vote in favor of Cincy joining the B12?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I would talk to my TV partners about maybe lower the per team fee for the new teams, expand by 4 and go with UH, Cincy, USF and UCF..

So, if the Big12 were contracted to get X for each new team, offer to take 75% of X, and offer the new teams 50% of X for a certain time frame.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  180

9 minutes ago, TimBulla said:

Curiously, I wonder if WVU would vote in favor of Cincy joining the B12?

why would they care if Cincy joins, still a 5 hour trip ,  it is the other schools that sends their Olympics sports to Morgantown that makes Cincy a travel partner ( a two hop trip versus a one hop one).

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, macphisto said:

That's the other angle.  Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, and Houston.  Nearly half of the conference would be dominated by Texas and UT would likely use its clout to basically control that bloc and threaten to leave if they don't get what they want.  

But from UT, Baylor, etc angle, adding Houston would further dilute recruiting in the state.  Rice is less of a threat, but they have little upside.  

Air Force is a long shot, IMHO.  BYU has a national fanbase, but there are issues that I think would sink them joining.  UCF and USF both have solid cases, though I think the academics and research funding give USF an edge between the two.  UConn may be too far out at this point, despite the basketball program.  Houston would be a great candidate, but there are problems.  SMU has the same issues as Houston and I doubt TCU would want another Dallas area school in the mix.  Tulane.  No sure if I see the upside.  Louisiana is SEC territory and doesn't have the massive population where many can be picked off.  

A Florida expansion makes a lot of sense.  You could argue that adding USF and UCF is the wisest move for the conference because Florida has a huge population and many schools would get to have a recruiting trip to Florida as part of their schedule every year.  That said, Cincy makes a lot of sense as one as a bridge to WVU and an in into Ohio.

Be interesting to see where it goes. 

Fox and Big 12 have been interested in getting into Florida. But that came out years ago when they thought they had a chance with FSU. We shall see!!!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,112
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, BurghBulltoo said:

Someone has a serious case of denial.

• Upvote 1