• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

34 minutes ago, macphisto said:

I actually think the path for Houston is tough.  The Texas schools may not be big on another Texas school in the mix.  Oklahoma might not be thrilled at the prospect right now either.  I believe a school will need 7 votes out of 10 to get in - and we're talking the Presidents of the schools.  I could see TCU, TT, and Baylor all going against them - and Texas probably would for good measure.  We could also see WVU and OU not be fans.

Everyone should consider how we felt when the Big East was expanding and they were looking at UCF.  The Big East was in desperation mode and we knew it so we acquiesced but the Big 12 is not in desperation mode.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 hours ago, mark_my_words said:

I am not ready to make that assumption.  I think they are worthy but it really comes down to whether they want one more Texas team.  I am not convinced they do but UH is making a solid case.  

I don't think the SEC would come for Houston but what about the ACC?  Very good basketball, and they dip their toe in the Texas market and recruiting grounds.  

I agree.  Houston could probably get into the Pac 12.   They need to expand further east.

Houston could possibly get into the Big 12, but Houston would continue to give the Texas schools a stranglehold on Big 12 voting.  There has to be resistance to that.  

I think they have a good shot, but I don't think it's a slam dunk by any means.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, mark_my_words said:

I am not ready to make that assumption.  I think they are worthy but it really comes down to whether they want one more Texas team.  I am not convinced they do but UH is making a solid case.  

I don't think the SEC would come for Houston but what about the ACC?  Very good basketball, and they dip their toe in the Texas market and recruiting grounds.  

Houston basketball is almost as bad as ours.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Houston is the best immediate add for football. However, most Texas teams won't like it because of the increased recruiting for Houston. They already stole a 5* while in the AAC, they'll get even more in the B12.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Geoff Ketchum@gkketch 1m1 minute ago

Those that think UH's win was a positive for Big 12 membership don't understand what the UH/Big 12 conversation is even about.

Geoff Ketchum@gkketch 46s47 seconds ago

NONE of the Big 12 schools outside of the state of Texas want more state of Texas schools. None. They don't want it more saturated.

this is who the above tweets are from

Geoff Ketchum

@gkketch

Owner/Publisher of http://Orangebloods.com  (No.1 Rivals site) Former Host of Hit'em-up. Shogun of Austin. Online media OG.

Edited by 2000bull

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

During the game the TV commentators were mentioning how other B12 presidents are AGAINST Houston because of the advantage it would give Houston in recruiting while potentially hurting the other teams.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This makes since...if you add Houston, why doesn't the Big 12 just become the Texas only conference

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,377
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Dogma said:

During the game the TV commentators were mentioning how other B12 presidents are AGAINST Houston because of the advantage it would give Houston in recruiting while potentially hurting the other teams.

I believe OU may be against adding Houston. After yesterday's game you can see why. So if Big 12 adds Houston they risk losing Sooners to SEC because they may be very unhappy with another Texas school.