• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,119
  • Days Won:  6

Overall, last night was a good night for USF.

We has 35,000 attendance figure and we blew out our opponent.

There was some sloppy play, we left at least 14 on the ground in the first half, maybe 21.  I just didn't think we broke things open like we should have.

We also didn't pack the house and there were probably only about 26,000 butts in seats but on paper, a 37 point win and the attendance figure look good for the program all things considered.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Here's the attendance race for this weekend.

UCF 36,260

USF 35,976

UCONN 29,377

CINCY 28,520

UH N/A neutral site

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Say, how good is Houston's academics?

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Okay, we have to assume that Houston gets in. There's no way they would not choose Houston and then let another conference come in and grab them, like the SEC. It's bad in terms of market saturation, but Houston is too big to let get away.

Q: What does this do for solidifying their needs for future TV contracts and getting out from saturated in Texas?

If they go with only two teams, they could then add BYU, Cincy, USF, or UCF.

With adding BYU, there's controversy and it's basically giving the finger to WVU.

I would say 95% that they don't go with BYU.

When they take BYU out of the equation, it looks silly to only go with one more team. And Fox would want them to go to Florida.

Cincy is a good choice, but the B12 knows that it isn't Ohio State.

--------------------

So, with only two teams added, I think they go with Houston, then it's a toss up between Cincy, USF, or UCF.

But I think what they will do is look at the legal ramifications of adding four teams. If they can get away with it, I think they will add four.

My prediction: Houston, Cincy, USF, and UCF.

This is the way that the B12 makes a power move and not a wimpy one.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,119
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, TimBulla said:

Okay, we have to assume that Houston gets in.

I am not ready to make that assumption.  I think they are worthy but it really comes down to whether they want one more Texas team.  I am not convinced they do but UH is making a solid case.  

I don't think the SEC would come for Houston but what about the ACC?  Very good basketball, and they dip their toe in the Texas market and recruiting grounds.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

11 minutes ago, TimBulla said:

Okay, we have to assume that Houston gets in. There's no way they would not choose Houston and then let another conference come in and grab them, like the SEC. It's bad in terms of market saturation, but Houston is too big to let get away.

Q: What does this do for solidifying their needs for future TV contracts and getting out from saturated in Texas?

With adding BYU, there's controversy and it's basically giving the finger to WVU.

When they take BYU out of the equation, it looks silly to only go with one more team. And Fox would want them to go to Florida.

--------------------

So, with only two teams added, I think they go with Houston, then it's a toss up between Cincy, USF, or UCF.

But I think what they will do is look at the legal ramifications of adding four teams. If they can get away with it, I think they will add four.

Expansion has never been about who has the best program at any given point.  Last year and looking like this year, Houston is tops in the American.  Year before that, UCF had their run of a good couple of years.  No other conference is taking Houston.  USF, Cincy, Houston, UCF have all had their moments in the sun, expansion is bigger than that.  Twitter, blogs, and other media formats still want to focus on what is in front of them at the given moment.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

21 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Expansion has never been about who has the best program at any given point.  Last year and looking like this year, Houston is tops in the American.  Year before that, UCF had their run of a good couple of years.  No other conference is taking Houston.  USF, Cincy, Houston, UCF have all had their moments in the sun, expansion is bigger than that.  Twitter, blogs, and other media formats still want to focus on what is in front of them at the given moment.  

This

Edited by TallyBull

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, TimBulla said:

--------------------

I actually think the path for Houston is tough.  The Texas schools may not be big on another Texas school in the mix.  Oklahoma might not be thrilled at the prospect right now either.  I believe a school will need 7 votes out of 10 to get in - and we're talking the Presidents of the schools.  I could see TCU, TT, and Baylor all going against them - and Texas probably would for good measure.  We could also see WVU and OU not be fans.  

Cincy makes a lot of sense as a bridge to WVU.  

USF's academics, research clout, and access to Florida all play in its favor.  All the Texas schools already have access to Houston.

From a recruiting standpoint, Florida and Ohio make a lot of sense.  Lots of talent in those two states and lots of people to expand the demographic footprint of the conference.  The Big XII already has the Houston market - or at least a solid part of it.  

BYU has long been a problem due to their need for Sundays off, even for travel.  There's also the underlying LGBT issues there as well.  I doubt BYU has a real shot.  

UCF doesn't look as good when you consider it is university presidents that are voting.  

Of course, they could go for 14.  

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Not to laugh at someone misery. But wanted to read what the Memphis fans are saying in there paper. It's a lot of "how dare they" or "when Texas and Oklahoma leaves, it'll be another Big East". 

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sports/tigers/University-of-Memphis-not-among-Big-12-expansion-finalists-ESPN-reports-392168051.html?page=1&d=mobile

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I think adding Houston is small minded... Add Florida. That is a win. I think as individuals the order of best to worst additions it would have to be USF, Cincy, UCF, Houston. 

• Upvote 1