• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,333
  • Content Count:  21,324
  • Days Won:  10

9 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Yes but USF is literally the ONLY FBS team out of 128 teams that has actual reported. The only one. Every one else just uses announced. Every single one of 128 programs. 

Well, then we have to stop creating the other one unless it is a big game. 

Can you imagine what the crowd would be like with Oklahoma or Texas at Raymond James.   Insane if we are playing half way decent. 

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, Dogma said:

HUGE difference

All pro teams, not just football, provide announced/actual attendance numbers in their respective local paper.  Because they all play in publicly funded stadiums

USF is one of the only college teams that plays in a publicly funded stadium.  So it is one of the only teams that has actual attendance numbers available.  Because of this, there is absolutely no method of comparison with the rest of the teams. 

All teams have inflated announced attendance because of what is counted in that figure.  And it's because of this there is no relevancy in having USF's actual attendance except giving more fodder to those that want to taje jab at USF.

:applause:

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

3 minutes ago, PCBull14 said:

Or our reporters need to do their job like EVERY other reporter in the country. Many other teams play in publicly funded stadiums they don't own, yet actual is never reported. I wish I could half ass my job and insult the company I'm supposed be covering like he does and still collect a pay check. I say get rid of him, worth nothing to USF but extra headaches. To bad it's not that simple. TAMPA MEDIA is trash.

Tampa media is mediocre. I agree, for lots of reasons. Just not this one.

They would argue that they ARE doing their job by reporting both announced and actual attendance. All facts. Why keep actual attendance figures secret, if they have that information?

If your answer is "to not embarrass the university," that answer isn't good enough IMHO. Reality is that we can get a good feel for actual attendance by just scanning the seats on TV.

The solution is for USF to encourage actual attendance (which to its credit it has begun to do this year, especially with respect to student attendance), not fuss at the journalist for sharing facts with the public, even if those facts aren't exactly flattering.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

3 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

They would argue that they ARE doing their job by reporting both announced and actual attendance. All facts. Why keep actual attendance figures secret, if they have that information?

If your answer is "to not embarrass the university," that answer isn't good enough IMHO. Reality is that we can get a good feel for actual attendance by just scanning the seats on TV.

The solution is for USF to encourage actual attendance (which to its credit it has begun to do this year, especially with respect to student attendance), not fuss at the journalist for sharing facts with the public, even if those facts aren't exactly flattering.

it's an actual figure, yes, but they have to actually request it, from my understanding and it's not comparable to any other attendance figure reported regarding other universities...

the only thing it can do, is make the university look bad

Edited by 2000bull

Guest PCBull14
1 minute ago, TallyBull said:

So USF should abide by different standards then most every other university? Got it. His motive is to clearly embarrass the university every chance he gets. I hate the man. But hey my bulls won and I said what I had say to him. So I'm over it. He can continue to be a crappy reporter and our bulls will continue to win.

Let's see if they release the game-day article on game-day this week. Or will the most local university to the TBT get bumped because the head ball coach is dancing in Gainesville again!

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Do you expect JK or the TBT to only report things that are neutral or make the university look good? 

no, but why report something that isn't comparable to any other reported figures, when you have to go out of your way to report them?

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,602
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

It's up to USF and its fans to change the facts, not for JK to hide them. #DoSomething

There's always going to be pretty big discrepancy in attendance figures for the vast majority of programs, especially ones at our level, no matter what. There's really not much that can be done to change that fact. Unless the TSA is putting out a press release with the actual attendance numbers, this has nothing to do with JK hiding anything.

Guest PCBull14
7 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Do you expect JK or the TBT to only report things that are neutral or make the university look good? 

Believe me, I get your frustration. I don't like the obvious pot-shots we get from Tampa media (Fennelly, JK, even Auman sometimes). But I can't knock JK for reporting facts, even if other beat writers for other schools in other towns don't report the same facts.

It's up to USF and its fans to change the facts, not for JK to hide them. #DoSomething

Considering they are going  and requesting them, pretty much shows the intent. Stating to think GA was never really supportive of USF either. Just had ways of hiding it behind much superior writing.

But go bulls. **** the media.

Guest PCBull14
5 minutes ago, 2000bull said:

no, but why report something that isn't comparable to any other reported figures, when you have to go out of your way to report them?

His mind is made up on this topic. You're wasting time. USF has always been held to a double standard regarding attendance numbers. Never going to change. So take shot and say **** it! It is a holiday weekend!