• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

Guest PCBull14
3 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I'm not sure why the TBT loves to mention butts in seats. UCiF claimed to have something like 38k for our game versus them last year when in reality it was more like 6k 

Dbag blocked me for call him out. So not only is he a DBAG he is a *****.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,023
  • Days Won:  469

Well it is an important distinction, just like it is for the Tampa Bay Times.  They report a circulation of 400,000+ in order to sell ads, but who reads the ****?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Joey Knight@TBTimes_Bulls 2m2 minutes ago

Joey Knight Retweeted Tampa Bull

Just curious @gregauman, did you routinely have to deal with this when you posted actual #USF attendance numbers?https://twitter.com/tampabull13/status/772486523627376641 

Joey Knight added,

Tampa Bull @TampaBull13
@TBTimes_Bulls Ace reporting there Joey. Now we can finally compare with all others who post actual attendance numbers. Oh wait. #USFHater
0 retweets 2 likes

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

I don't really understand these spats over attendance reporting.  I'm not a huge fan of JK or the TBT, but it just seems like we're looking to be insulted at every turn. Some Bulls fans need thicker skin.

Win consistently and all of a sudden no one will care what our attendance figures are like. Most people will understand why our actual attendance was down, especially a day after a hurricane against a team like Towson.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  602
  • Content Count:  16,374
  • Days Won:  43

FWIW. The Bucs also get the actual attendence written up in the paper too. So it is not just a USF thing it is more of a Tampa Sports Authority thing about contracts. USF needs OCS so that this won't have to happen. ,

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

3 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

I don't really understand these spats over attendance reporting.  I'm not a huge fan of JK or the TBT, but it just seems like we're looking to be insulted at every turn. Some Bulls fans need thicker skin.

Win consistently and all of a sudden no one will care what our attendance figures are like. Most people will understand why our actual attendance was down, especially a day after a hurricane against a team like Towson.

Yep,

Another point often over looked is that when 36k actually do show up, the announced versus the actual will be close to the same number.  It is not like there will be 36k in the seats with an announced of 50k.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,604
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

FWIW. The Bucs also get the actual attendence written up in the paper too. So it is not just a USF thing it is more of a Tampa Sports Authority thing about contracts. USF needs OCS so that this won't have to happen. ,

Really?? The Bucs and Bulls contract with the TSA stipulate that the actual attendance has to be publicized?

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Yes but USF is literally the ONLY FBS team out of 128 teams that has actual reported. The only one. Every one else just uses announced. Every single one of 128 programs. 

• Upvote 1

Guest PCBull14
9 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

Or our reporters need to do their job like EVERY other reporter in the country. Many other teams play in publicly funded stadiums they don't own, yet actual is never reported. I wish I could half ass my job and insult the company I'm supposed be covering like he does and still collect a pay check. I say get rid of him, worth nothing to USF but extra headaches. To bad it's not that simple. TAMPA MEDIA is trash.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

17 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

HUGE difference

All pro teams, not just football, provide announced/actual attendance numbers in their respective local paper.  Because they all play in publicly funded stadiums

USF is one of the only college teams that plays in a publicly funded stadium.  So it is one of the only teams that has actual attendance numbers available.  Because of this, there is absolutely no method of comparison with the rest of the teams. 

All teams have inflated announced attendance because of what is counted in that figure.  And it's because of this there is no relevancy in having USF's actual attendance except giving more fodder to those that want to take jabs at USF.

Edited by Dogma
  • Upvote 2