• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After two games, we know

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I was actually kind of surprised at some of the holes the O Line was able to open up, even against the first team. There were some nice big chunk runs up the middle between Cecil and Wiggs.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

1 minute ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

I was actually kind of surprised at some of the holes the O Line was able to open up, even against the first team. There were some nice big chunk runs up the middle between Cecil and Wiggs.

Yes I saw a few epic holes open up.  There was one where there was a gigantic hole on the left side with daylight and the RB ran head down into the center.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

while the defensive execution has been putrid at times, we don't lack talent. If we can get our DBs to look for the ball before it's already over their heads and wrap their arms around ball carriers this team can win some games. FAMU will tell us nothing, glorified exhibition game for practice. I'm going to the SMU game...that's the real start to our season. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Defensive dominance over A&M entire game. Let our guys get some confidence and some chops and for heavens sake...lockup on tackles. I watched A&M 1st game they had nothing for offense that game. On the Offensive side, O line protecting and get good push on running plays, open some holes. QB, let's see our guy from this game on. McClain is good but, he needs more completions-receivers need to actually catch the ball. If it's Fortin, start playing to his ability. He acts tentative-rattled. It would be nice to see a win saturday-if not...? We need this one and then go to BYU and look like we belong in D-1. Be nice to beat a team on the road that is getting the nod from the B12.  Make a point 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I saw decent to good play calling this week. The execution needs work, but there was incremental improvement there. It wasn't until uf's 3d or 4th stringers were in that we looked somewhat similar in size. Holy smokes their starters dwarfed ours.

This was promising. One thing I like is that they clearly tried to set both QBs up to succeed. The quick outs and screens for Cade, the downfield stretches for Timmy. I don't see the coaching crisis (yet) that some of our more cynical and critical posters see. I am looking forward to a convincing win over FAMU where Timmy can get comfortable and then a small miracle against BYU. I will say this, it is the BYU defense that concerns me more than their offense. Their QB has not exceeded 200 yards passing and their run game has been consistent, but not explosive. I am looking forward to see what the coaches can cook up against BYU. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, Paisa el Toro said:

I saw decent to good play calling this week. The execution needs work, but there was incremental improvement there. It wasn't until uf's 3d or 4th stringers were in that we looked somewhat similar in size. Holy smokes their starters dwarfed ours.

That will always be the case when you have multiple 230 pounders on your defensive line 2 deep. I still can't believe this 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The most important thing we need to work on is execution and making less errors. So let's try to work on it in the FAMU game. Because we left several touchdowns in the UF game on the field at the UF game. 

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I actually disagree entirely. The most important thing to do in life is to decide what you think will work and focus on executing those things. If we use FAMU as a barometer we will, hopefully, get a false sense of what may work. If we have demonstrated success before I think I see things the same way as everyone but we don’t seem to be a couple of executions away from success in most weeks and outlier data points can get us further away from success if we don’t analyze them properly or control our tests.

So you don't think we should work on execution, but we should focus on executing the things that work? Interesting.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

So you don't think we should work on execution, but we should focus on executing the things that work? Interesting.

Yes this is probably too nuanced of a take to express in a communication method like this and it probably isn’t that important of a take. My opinion is that we haven’t found the right direction for our offense to a point where execution will make enough of a difference. I believe that we will try a broad spectrum of offensive plays that will execute perfectly fine. That we can execute them against FAMU really doesn’t teach us much and I think will open us up to continuing some of the paths that we should have closed off to this point in our journey. If we had figured out what works I think executing agains FAMU would be the shot in the arm needed to build for the rest of the season, that I fear we haven’t is why I have reservations on how much it will help us.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Since everyone loves my analogies I think this would be like learning how to bed women at a Whorehouse when nothing in your real life has worked. It may lead to some confidence and way better execution but I don’t know that you will walk out of there with a better understanding of what would work in the real world when someone isn’t being paid handsomely to be ******.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

47 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Since everyone loves my analogies I think this would be like learning how to bed women at a Whorehouse when nothing in your real life has worked. It may lead to some confidence and way better execution but I don’t know that you will walk out of there with a better understanding of what would work in the real world when someone isn’t being paid handsomely to be ******.

You still get experience bedding women in a whorehouse. It may not teach you how to "get" a woman, but you will know how to "put it down" or "execute" better when you finally do get one. Which in the long run will help you keep that woman happy.... 😁

(PSA - Please wear protection........I wrote that for those who are about to make the std jokes)

Edited by Gatorbull325