• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After two games, we know

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

That will always be the case when you have multiple 230 pounders on your defensive line 2 deep. I still can't believe this 

UF has a DT that weighs 400lb.  USF has a DT that is 230lb.  That about sums it up

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

46 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Since everyone loves my analogies I think this would be like learning how to bed women at a Whorehouse when nothing in your real life has worked. It may lead to some confidence and way better execution but I don’t know that you will walk out of there with a better understanding of what would work in the real world when someone isn’t being paid handsomely to be ******.

I think a more accurate analogy would be trying to bed a woman in, say, Topeka, Kansas versus trying to bed one in Los Angeles. FAMU will not just lay down and take it, we will still have to work for it somewhat. But your point remains.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

48 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Since everyone loves my analogies I think this would be like learning how to bed women at a Whorehouse when nothing in your real life has worked. It may lead to some confidence and way better execution but I don’t know that you will walk out of there with a better understanding of what would work in the real world when someone isn’t being paid handsomely to be ******.

Which part is the real world?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Gatorbull325 said:

You still get experience bedding women in a whorehouse. It may not teach you how to "get" a woman, but you will know how to "put it down" when you finally do get one. Which in the long run will help you keep that woman happy. 😁

I will give a real life example that is pertinent. Let’s say Cade gets the start. Let’s say Cade plays a better half than we see the rest of the season. Let’s say after both halves it is obvious what the coaches saw in practice and Cade looks markedly better than any other QB on the roster. Let’s say he is named the starter based on that performance. Let’s then say that Cade then looks more like he has looked in every other game performance when we see him play the other teams that we later face after being named the starter. Did that better execution against inferior competition than we will face the rest of the season make things better or worse for beginning our path to improvement?

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Which part is the real world?

I think the AAC is our real world, as much as it pains me to say. So somewhere between UF and Famu is reality so roughly the Busy Bee gas station which does have lovely restrooms for a gas station.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I will give a real life example that is pertinent. Let’s say Cade gets the start. Let’s say Cade plays a better half than we see the rest of the season. Let’s say after both halves it is obvious what the coaches saw in practice and Cade looks markedly better than any other QB on the roster. Let’s say he is named the starter based on that performance. Let’s then say that Cade then looks more like he has looked in every other game performance when we see him play the other teams that we later face after being named the starter. Did that better execution against inferior competition than we will face the rest of the season make things better or worse for beginning our path to improvement?

I think at this point, McClain should get the start, Marsh should be moved to 2nd string and both should use this game to work on their execution. I'm done with the Cade train. We have already faced the best teams we will face this year. Every other opponent, including BYU should be an easier task. Most Big P5 schools work on their execution by scheduling cupcake teams as their first and/or second game. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

9 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think a more accurate analogy would be trying to bed a woman in, say, Topeka, Kansas versus trying to bed one in Los Angeles. FAMU will not just lay down and take it, we will still have to work for it somewhat. But your point remains.  

It’s not like I have anyone to bounce these thoughts off of, I have to test in production but yes most of them can use improvement 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

It’s not like I have anyone to bounce these thoughts off of, I have to test in production but yes most of them can use improvement 

If you want me to be your analogy beta-tester feel free to message them to me first and I will tweak them as necessary so you can avoid the ridicule and wanted attention that you so desire! ;) 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

There's a reason that whenever I put in a new offense I ask that the defense only go at about 70%.  Not because I'm trying to hide anything but I need them to go at speed to develop consistency and repetition as I ramp up the defense.  Similarly I find that my team plays far tougher defense than many other teams and what DOESN'T work in practice often works in the games.  It goes both ways.

FAMU is not for Cade.  FAMU should be a chance to see what the team can do against talent on the other end of the spectrum - our end of the spectrum relatively speaking.  This is all taken into consideration.  It doesn't prove we're a good team or Cade is a good player.  What it does is provides an opportunity to play a team closer to the level we are than what we have seen thus far.  It allows us a better opportunity to prepare for the rest of the schedule.  Typically, when TV doesn't get involved, it is the reason teams play these games early season.  Bring it all together instead of running for your lives.  Week to week improvement is what gets them ready for conference games, not getting skull-bashed by P5 teams.

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

If you want me to be your analogy beta-tester feel free to message them to me first and I will tweak them as necessary so you can avoid the ridicule and wanted attention that you so desire! ;) 

Ya I think I actually enjoy the performance art that is honing the argument while it’s in progress really having no idea where it is that I’m actually trying to go with it when I throw it out there. The part that makes it difficult is having more than one response as you can tailor the argument based on how you know someone will respond and that gets pretty messed up and exponentially more difficult with each additional person added to the argument.

• Upvote 1