• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After two games, we know

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, Brad said:

I only coached as far as high school basketball.  Figuring out what works and doesn't work against different levels and teams within each level is pretty easily determined.  I have confidence our rookie head coach is not so naïve as to conclude if something works against FAMU anything will work (anywhere for that matter).  Maybe I am naïve.  

You're not naive

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

I only coached as far as high school basketball.  Figuring out what works and doesn't work against different levels and teams within each level is pretty easily determined.  I have confidence our rookie head coach is not so naïve as to conclude if something works against FAMU anything will work (anywhere for that matter).  Maybe I am naïve.  

I would have more faith in that if his OC wasn’t as green as he was. I think they demonstrate weekly that they are not a great pairing of strengths and that he should have gotten an experienced person to compliment his growth potential. Together they seem often confused and indecisive.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,004
  • Days Won:  469

That I can't disagree with.  It is to be expected.  When the stepping stone school goes out and hires new or first time head coaches, there is a learning curve we will see, unfortunately.  These guys ARE learning on the job to an extent.  A couple seasons of watching Willie figure things out opened my eyes, and he had already coached a few years.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, Brad said:

1. Achieved incremental improvements from week to week
  2. It is Timmy Time - he seems more productive, brings energy to teammates and is mobile.  
  3. Defense has got to get better both in the trenches and secondary.  Being run over.  BYU will run wild too.
  4. Week 3 FAMU is a MUST Win

What else do we know or want to see in Game 3?

I want to see McClain have a complete game and I also want to see them gear some new plays toward his skillset.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

32 minutes ago, puc86 said:

My concern is that FAMU can give the false sense of what can work which may not actually translate to any other team on the schedule. Most any offense would look amazing against a JV football team and most any offense would fail miserably against an NFL team. We need things that can be executed against AAC teams which may appear possible against FAMU but cannot be replicated.

The most important thing we need to work on is execution and making less errors. So let's try to work on it in the FAMU game. Because we left several touchdowns in the UF game on the field at the UF game. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The most important thing we need to work on is execution and making less errors. So let's try to work on it in the FAMU game. Because we left several touchdowns in the UF game on the field at the UF game. 

We had alot of dumb execution issues...bad snaps, drop balls. Potential for scoring 31 points was there.

Gotta clean that up.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

I actually disagree entirely. The most important thing to do in life is to decide what you think will work and focus on executing those things. If we use FAMU as a barometer we will, hopefully, get a false sense of what may work. If we have demonstrated success before I think I see things the same way as everyone but we don’t seem to be a couple of executions away from success in most weeks and outlier data points can get us further away from success if we don’t analyze them properly or control our tests.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

We had alot of dumb execution issues...bad snaps, drop balls. Potential for scoring 31 points was there.

Gotta clean that up.

Even the interception that Lapointe got....that should have been a touchdown. I hope these boys is hitting the film hard. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Even the interception that Lapointe got....that should have been a touchdown. I hope these boys is hitting the film hard. 

A lot of tripping over and dropping things.  I think that comes with getting more comfortable.