• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So, how are we feeling?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, BayIslandBull said:

Hah, backfired, I think they scored on the very next play.

Richardson is a beast and we are really lucky Mullins didn't play him more. I will take the end result. Keep Timmy healthy and confident. He just beat the Gators over 30 minutes. He is going to look like a senior next week. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I am glad JPP came in at the half to talk to the team. It seemed to have an impact. Looking forward to the rest of the season. Still thinking 3/4 wins now. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Feel encouraged by the second half. Players did not quit. The second half performance makes it a game vs BYU. 

Hope. 

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

15 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

I honestly don't feel too awful (I did after the 1st half though). I was ready to burn all my USF stuff but not anymore.

The fight we gave the 2nd half and McClain's play gives me hope for the rest of the year and the easier portion of our schedule. Also the fact that he's only a true freshman, this guy could end up being one of our greats if he continues to develop correctly.

Just wish Scott had taken a little more chances on 4th downs when we had momentum.

Thoughts?

I think this board is so used to being ****** we can’t wrap our mind about how badly UF pulled the plug in that second half. 

The biggest evidence of that came from our own coach when he punted on the 50 at 4th and 8 down 3 scores. Also Mullen taking Richardson out to get Jones goal line reps that led to no score. (I did find the boos funny)

I still am not convinced we win more than 3 this year. This team has a potential star in McClain. We need a lot of help on both lines. Skill positions looked good too.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  107
  • Days Won:  0

I mirror almost everyone else's sentiments. I never expected a victory today, I just wanted to see improvement over last week, and wanted to see the team play hard no matter what the score was. I felt like the Bulls fulfilled my wishes.  It is blatantly obvious that Timmy needs to start. If CJS decides otherwise, he deserves all of the heat that comes his way.  Even though the defense looked abysmal in the first half, those guys kept playing until the very last play. The Bulls showed me enough this game to where I'm not just looking for improvement, I'm actually excited to start conference play in a few weeks. Being that we weren't totally embarrassed against UF, if we continue to develop over the next two weeks, we can actually become somewhat of a troublemaker in our conference. We're not going to be world beaters or anything, but we just might make a little bit of noise within the AAC by the end of the year. When considering our trajectory of recent years and where our program is as a whole, all of this is welcome news.  Even in defeat, it's a good day to be a Bull. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,635
  • Days Won:  6

Feeling good enough to say we will be 3-2 come October 3rd.  I think this second half is going be a turning point for the CJS era.

GO BULLS!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

McClain will start vs FAMU and we should win big.  Good confidence going into the BYU game. 

I think 4-6 wins is possible if the team continues to improve behind Timmy.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

I expected worse, met @FazaUSF great fan who deserves better, he had signs and his contingent, and the first time I’ve not seen one player come up and shake a single fans hands. CJS is building his culture and it’s garbage just like he and his father’s records.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Feeling pretty good…once we got McClain in the offense found a rhythm and the defense had a chance to play better too.  More optimistic for the rest of the season now.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I expected worse, met @FazaUSF great fan who deserves better, he had signs and his contingent, and the first time I’ve not seen one player come up and shake a single fans hands. CJS is building his culture and it’s garbage just like he and his father’s records.

Leave it to you too see nothing but darkness.