• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy McClain

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

I agree that there will be some bad mistakes with McClain, but when the other option is a guy that can only throw short underneath routes because he can’t elude pressure and throws into coverage off his back foot, I think you have to ride with the guy that can make something happen with his legs and creates time for his receivers to get open. That being said, I don’t agree with your second point.

Agreed.  It looked worse last week.  But he looks like a statue back there and ends up throwing up dead ducks more often than not.   I don't think he has much of a shot at real success here, but there is a lot of upside with McClain.    Let him cook!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Just now, Brad said:

Agree.  I just want expectations managed.

Welcome to the board .... You have the same name as our founder.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Well good luck with that.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Aren't you the guy that has run this Board for 20 years?  Managing expectations isn't a strong suit of posters here. 

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

So we’re not all that confident Timmy can win or will do much better, but we all want to be head coaches and bench Cade to go with Timmy. OK I get it. That does make sense.  Seriously. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, Brad said:

So we’re not all that confident Timmy can win or will do much better, but we all want to be head coaches and bench Cade to go with Timmy. OK I get it. That does make sense.  Seriously. 

The thing that bothers me with Fortin is that when we run the read option with him there is no threat of him keeping it so the defense just follows the ball carrier.  I can't remember one time in the first half he held onto the ball himself.  At least there is the threat with McClain. As for passing accuracy I don't have a problem with Fortin.  TMc doesn't seem to have that in game yet. But that one deep ball to Weaver(?) was spot on.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Interesting tweet:

No the opposing defense is problem 🙄

Edited by Roaming Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  693
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The thing that bothers me with Fortin is that when we run the read option with him there is no threat of him keeping it so the defense just follows the ball carrier.  I can't remember one time in the first half he held onto the ball himself.  At least there is the threat with McClain. As for passing accuracy I don't have a problem with Fortin.  TMc doesn't seem to have that in game yet. But that one deep ball to Weaver(?) was spot on.

This. Cade refuses to call his own number and run. It didn’t matter if he was sending his RBs into 4-5 white jerseys waiting for them. He would not pull that ball down and go. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

No doubts that we will be better with McClain in there. He can run, throw the ball, and seems to be growing.

Cade reminds me of a combination of Bench and White, and not in a good way. I was kind of worried they were going to crush him today. His pocket presence is meh, throws seem ok if he has lots of time, but he can’t run. Coach can keep denying reality and trying to make it work, or we can play the guy who gives us a shot right out of the gate. 

McClain has been a winner and he still carries that confidence. He doesn’t understand that he’s supposed to lose yet. Cade is already playing with a loser mentality and I think that’s a big difference between the two.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

No doubts that we will be better with McClain in there. He can run, throw the ball, and seems to be growing.

Cade reminds me of a combination of Bench and White, and not in a good way. I was kind of worried they were going to crush him today. His pocket presence is meh, throws seem ok if he has lots of time, but he can’t run. Coach can keep denying reality and trying to make it work, or we can play the guy who gives us a shot right out of the gate. 

McClain has been a winner and he still carries that confidence. He doesn’t understand that he’s supposed to lose yet. Cade is already playing with a loser mentality and I think that’s a big difference between the two.

Reminds me also of Floyd he panics easy and makes bad passes. 

McClain looks pretty good for a freshmen...but a freshmen definitely will have growing pains.

If we are going to be bad with a qb might as well be bad with the one with more upside.