• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy McClain

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  0

Last night sucked, the brightest spot of that game was when McClain came in and scrambled for some first downs. The guy looks like a grown man, and his confidence shows.  He is not in the mold of our QB's in the past 2-3 years.  You can tell he is a gem that needs some polishing, but watching him this season- if the staff is smart enough to use him- will be the bright spot fans need to get us through the season.   

If this athletics staff was smart, they would ease him into the UF game, then roll with him for the rest of the season.  They also need to market the hell out of him. Having a young exciting QB with talent will put people in seats, and bring recruits in.  The only thing that will save this team is a player with some swagger that other players can get behind and emulate.  We had it for two years with Mack, Adams, MVS, Flowers, Mccants... Once you lose that confidence the whole thing falls apart.  

Fortin is was bad last night.   Maybe he can play better, but I like the idea of rolling with a guy who chose us from the start instead of a transfer.  This will send a message to other players that if you come to USF, you will play if you have the talent. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, 12inchtaint! said:

Last night sucked, the brightest spot of that game was when McClain came in and scrambled for some first downs. The guy looks like a grown man, and his confidence shows.  He is not in the mold of our QB's in the past 2-3 years.  You can tell he is a gem that needs some polishing, but watching him this season- if the staff is smart enough to use him- will be the bright spot fans need to get us through the season.   

If this athletics staff was smart, they would ease him into the UF game, then roll with him for the rest of the season.  They also need to market the hell out of him. Having a young exciting QB with talent will put people in seats, and bring recruits in.  The only thing that will save this team is a player with some swagger that other players can get behind and emulate.  We had it for two years with Mack, Adams, MVS, Flowers, Mccants... Once you lose that confidence the whole thing falls apart.  

Fortin is was bad last night.   Maybe he can play better, but I like the idea of rolling with a guy who chose us from the start instead of a transfer.  This will send a message to other players that if you come to USF, you will play if you have the talent. 

Best name on this board...100%

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Start McClain every week he is wearing a USF uniform from here forward until he runs out of eligibility.

The end.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

I say we just kneel every play next week.

Almost as good as what we did last night 

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

I think this year counts for eligibility. I don’t want Timmy to waste his 4 years on this year. Let him play his 4 games and shut it down.

Bingo!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

3 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

I think this year counts for eligibility. I don’t want Timmy to waste his 4 years on this year. Let him play his 4 games and shut it down.

Hmm I don't know if we can afford that.  If Williams can't be the one we got to roll with McClain.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

4 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Start this kid now, let him make mistakes. We are not going anywhere this year anyways. He showed great flashed and made a few rookie mistakes. No reason to go back to Fortin. Make this Timmy's team and stop the musical chairs at QB.

I think that was the McCloud theory

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

4 hours ago, TheUpperHand said:

I say we just kneel every play next week.

Can’t score any less than we did.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,512
  • Days Won:  3

5 hours ago, RoyD3 said:

So doom and gloom has set in from all the posts I have read. Let's do something more productive and talk about the future, even though it seems like it will be awhile before we get there.

Timmy McClain could be the Quinton Flowers for Jeff Scott. He certainly needs some experience but the talent is there and as anyone who has been a diehard USF fan knows, we need a rpo/mobile qb to be successful. Just ask CWT who finally figured out that pound the rock with a pocket passer doesn't work here.

Also, other honest assessments:

D-line is improved, LBs about the same, DBs some improvements.

Offense - we won't know until we play an opponent that is at our level, NC State and UF are way above our talent level at this point.

Coaching - OC and DC are struggling and I am not sure they will last as CJS will either have to replace/blame them or it would be him admitting that he is the problem. CJL replaced plenty of coordinators over his tenure if they didn't succeed.

I think CJS will provide the right culture and appears to be putting the effort in to do it. He just needs time and a little luck with the recruiting, as all it takes are 3 or 4 great players to get the momentum going. For CWT, it was QF, MM, RA, DJ. Go Bulls!

Idk about the DBs, they were beat deep all night.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

I think that was the McCloud theory

There is absolutely zero comparison between McClain and McCloud