• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Timmy McClain

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

56 minutes ago, rollinbull said:

Start Williams to see if he has got what it takes with McClain as backup and special plays but not exceed 4 games . 

3 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Maybe see what we have in Marsh and with some game experience for both let McClane and Marsh battle it out for starter next spring/summer.

No!  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

15 hours ago, chapelbull said:

There is absolutely zero comparison between McClain and McCloud

Only if you compare them. Similar mistakes reading the coverage. Both had storied high school years. Both sizeable. Both had some nervous hands a few plays. Now..I see McClain as the better QB apparently more talented, speed and arm. McCloud was not the future of the program, McClain hopefully will be that guy. That big QB with a cartload of talent as he matures. See, now wasn't that easy?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Only if you compare them. Similar mistakes reading the coverage. Both had storied high school years. Both sizeable. Both had some nervous hands a few plays. Now..I see McClain as the better QB apparently more talented, speed and arm. McCloud was not the future of the program, McClain hopefully will be that guy. That big QB with a cartload of talent as he matures. See, now wasn't that easy?

It was very easy .... zero comparison between the two ... done

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

9 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

It was very easy .... zero comparison between the two ... done

Well...bit snippy   😂 👍

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like CJS is looking to keep McClain safe/protected until after the UF game. Probably not a bad decision as he would be best served to have him ready for game 3 vs FAMU.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/3/2021 at 11:27 AM, RoyD3 said:

So doom and gloom has set in from all the posts I have read. Let's do something more productive and talk about the future, even though it seems like it will be awhile before we get there.

Timmy McClain could be the Quinton Flowers for Jeff Scott. He certainly needs some experience but the talent is there and as anyone who has been a diehard USF fan knows, we need a rpo/mobile qb to be successful. Just ask CWT who finally figured out that pound the rock with a pocket passer doesn't work here.

Also, other honest assessments:

D-line is improved, LBs about the same, DBs some improvements.

Offense - we won't know until we play an opponent that is at our level, NC State and UF are way above our talent level at this point.

Coaching - OC and DC are struggling and I am not sure they will last as CJS will either have to replace/blame them or it would be him admitting that he is the problem. CJL replaced plenty of coordinators over his tenure if they didn't succeed.

I think CJS will provide the right culture and appears to be putting the effort in to do it. He just needs time and a little luck with the recruiting, as all it takes are 3 or 4 great players to get the momentum going. For CWT, it was QF, MM, RA, DJ. Go Bulls!

I've stayed off the Board a good bit since Friday because of the doom and gloom, and I wanted to commend you for this post. Didn't see until now. I almost had a doom and gloom thread I posted myself but held back. Took a breather for a couple days and there's still light at the end of the tunnel, although it is slowly dimming in some areas.

Your entire assessment of the team I fully agree with minus the DC. I think Spencer had a decent night with the D on Thursday. We'll see how the rest of the season goes and hope the team doesn't quit. Weis though has been miserable. I actually think he set McClain up to fail a couple times with play calling getting too aggressive when he didn't have to. I hope Scott takes the offense back over. I thought McClain looked pretty solid and dynamic with loads of potential stepping into an atmosphere like that on Thursday.

Here's to staying healthy vs UF, and committing to Timmy McClain moving forwards starting with FAMU. We can get this turned around. Then it's just about building the depth to stay there

Edited by MSBulls
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

13 hours ago, MSBulls said:

Your entire assessment of the team I fully agree with minus the DC. I think Spencer had a decent night with the D on Thursday. We'll see how the rest of the season goes and hope the team doesn't quit. Weis though has been miserable. I actually think he set McClain up to fail a couple times with play calling getting too aggressive when he didn't have to. I hope Scott takes the offense back over. I thought McClain looked pretty solid and dynamic with loads of potential stepping into an atmosphere like that on Thursday.

Here's to staying healthy vs UF, and committing to Timmy McClain moving forwards starting with FAMU. We can get this turned around. Then it's just about building the depth to stay there

Although it is tough to find any lining of silver after that shellacking in Raleigh, I actually thought the defense played better than I expected.  If we had eliminated the turnovers it would have looked a lot different but it is what it was.  I am hoping we can move the offense forward without scrapping everything but we really have to find a way to get some running attack.  Until then, I don't think any QB is going to thrive or even be relatively safe.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

16 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

Although it is tough to find any lining of silver after that shellacking in Raleigh, I actually thought the defense played better than I expected.  If we had eliminated the turnovers it would have looked a lot different but it is what it was.  I am hoping we can move the offense forward without scrapping everything but we really have to find a way to get some running attack.  Until then, I don't think any QB is going to thrive or even be relatively safe.

Already mentioned but the only sack we gave up was on a bad snap so that was at least a little encouraging. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

I didnt get that same warm and fuzzy about our defense.  We are too light once again. We got pushed around.  Almost 300 yards rushing. We cannot stop power run teams.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

I didnt get that same warm and fuzzy about our defense.  We are too light once again. We got pushed around.  Almost 300 yards rushing. We cannot stop power run teams.  

Oh, I didn't have warm and fuzzy feeling about the D either.  I just expected so much worse.