• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Your comprehensive guide to the 2021 college basketball coaching hot seat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Optimistic- 4-8, a roster with good young talent that just can't finish but most return including a solid QB and a good signature win to show what's there. 

non optimistic 4-8 with serious QB concerns and losing 4 straight and the biggest win is a 7-6 BYU.

I am perfectly fine with you finding optimism in 4-8 I am not sure why it bothers you that it’s a nonstarter for optimism for me.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am perfectly fine with you finding optimism in 4-8 I am not sure why it bothers you that it’s a nonstarter for optimism for me.

Doesn't bother me, just giving an example of how a losing team can have optimism. Its because the projections are good. How did you project our team after 2019?

Edit with part b. Wouldn't you have projected it a little differently, if we had lost 8 straight with Barnett/Mccloud but then we go with Battle after the bye week and we looks like a stud and we rattled of four straight wins against Temple, Cincy, Memphis, and UCF? or three of those four?  

Edited by BrassBulls12

17 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Doesn't bother me, just giving an example of how a losing team can have optimism. Its because the projections are good. How did you project our team after 2019?

Edit with part b. Wouldn't you have projected it a little differently, if we had lost 8 straight with Barnett/Mccloud but then we go with Battle after the bye week and we looks like a stud and we rattled of four straight wins against Temple, Cincy, Memphis, and UCF? or three of those four?  

R Kelly Fif GIF

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,693
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I am just patiently waiting for the better but I’m not patient enough for that better to be longer than a college career.

Unless you graduated in 15 months you've got time.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

He was on the 10 year plan ...... 🤣

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

My issue isn’t so much year one (although I obviously didn’t like it) it’s that people then extrapolate that to being .500 at year three and when that takes you to an abysmal place just isn’t good enough. If we want to use silly terms like year zero, Covid year, and evaluation year I am fine with that as long as it doesn’t lead to that we can expect three full years of failure because by that point your culture is set, your team is mostly yours and you have upperclassman that you have brought on.

25 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

He was on the 10 year plan ...... 🤣

I had the typical 4 year experience which is why I know that by year three I was pretty well set on my graduation trajectory and the gpa I would finish with.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,609
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

I am just patiently waiting for the better

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

My issue isn’t so much year one

Liar-o.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Liar-o.gif

Sorry my bigger issue, obviously I have issue with everything. But if we expected to go defeated going into the year and people said by year 3 they expect to get 9 wins I would be less irritated.  My bigger issue is that people had expectations in year one and are now pretending they did not and are now coming up with excuses for failure that seem like they have no expiration date. We can wait for year three for me to get really fired up but at that point we better not be explaining to me about how .500 is actually the best that could be expected and how everyone knows you can’t have any expectations until year 10 typically and with Covid it clearly going to set you back another decade.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Sorry my bigger issue, obviously I have issue with everything. But if we expected to go defeated going into the year and people said by year 3 they expect to get 9 wins I would be less irritated.  My bigger issue is that people had expectations in year one and are now pretending they did not and are now coming up with excuses for failure that seem like they have no expiration date. We can wait for year three for me to get really fired up but at that point we better not be explaining to me about how .500 is actually the best that could be expected and how everyone knows you can’t have any expectations until year 10 typically and with Covid it clearly going to set you back another decade.

We will be better than .500 year three. I'm willing to bet anything on it.

By how much, however, is another question.