• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Your comprehensive guide to the 2021 college basketball coaching hot seat

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

At least we have that going for us, too bad we didn’t manage to lose them all then imagine how successful CJS could have been.

Didn't need to lose them all, just lose more than CCS did so we're set up nicely ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Triple B said:

Didn't need to lose them all, just lose more than CCS did so we're set up nicely ....

Then why didn’t it work for CCS?

8 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

We will be better and have a better record than we did in 2020. Is that not improvement?

Is it going to be more than CCS got fired for? If not then no by definition that’s not improvement. If you pay me to add an extra bedroom to your house are you going to consider me to have done so if my first step is to knock down all the rest of the bedrooms and then build you back to exactly where you started before you hired me?

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Is it going to be more than CCS got fired for? If not then no by definition that’s not improvement. If you pay me to add an extra bedroom to your house are you going to consider me to have done so if my first step is to knock down all the rest of the bedrooms and then build you back to exactly where you started before you hired me?

You should have just stopped at the first two sentences. The rest is just gobbledy gook ...... even for you.

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Then why didn’t it work for CCS?

****, thought we had the same record both years ......... but I'll just stick with my analysis even if flawed. kinda like you do.

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You should have just stopped at the first two sentences. The rest is just gobbledy gook ...... even for you.

Sorry but most people in any other situation in life would not consider someone getting back to where they started as improvement.

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

****, thought we had the same record both years ......... but I'll just stick with my analysis even if flawed. kinda like you do.

Smart the correct answer I would have went with is that CWT only won 10 but that would also be flawed (and I would hope no one would notice) because CCS would have followed our greatest coach in program history who finished his career with a perfect record.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

Every coaching hire and situation is unique. @puc86 its okay to expect more from your team, but you are likely to be disappointed on a daily basis until such time as the program finally turns it around. Take it from someone who had to learn the hard way, being positive and having realistic goals for your entertainment is the best path to joy, otherwise your entertainment isn't following USF athletics, your entertainment is actually acts of disappointment and bitterness, and you are simply entertaining yourself to fill the void. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

Sorry but most people in any other situation in life would not consider someone getting back to where they started as improvement.

If the house was a dilapidated mess, then the first step would probably be to gut it so building back to the same number of bedrooms would be considered "improvement"

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, puc86 said:

Which is what you said in the first two sentences. What followed was mumbo jumbo ....