• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Your comprehensive guide to the 2021 college basketball coaching hot seat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Past performance is the best indicator of future performance and since we do not have a basketball hire to compare it to it’s the best indicator that we have, also his greatest circle of contacts are from football. Is there an example of a successful hire made by MK that I can use to recalibrate my calculation?

Tell that to the GME bag holders lol

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Ummmm.....CJS is still under consideration.  Tell me you are smarter than to judge him after one Covid year with absolutely no time to recruit and he admitted was an Evaluation year.....tell me you are smarter than that Puc!

Now after 2-3 years down the line, if we are still having this conversation.  Then I will admit you are right, and take you out to your favorite restaurant!

Agreed - one year of results during a pandemic. Have to give him the 3 years we gave CWT.

And I'll pay for the drinks!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

You must have the Native American (who I'm still not convinced isn't Ned) on Ignore then .....

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Oh hell...my bad...forgot about him...maybe on purpose. I have not seen him on the board for a few weeks. 

Am kind of surprised that didn't see him after the Houston debacle ...... he was no Spring chicken, though.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Triple B said:

Am kind of surprised that didn't see him after the Houston debacle ...... he was no Spring chicken, though.

True that would have been red meat for him. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

19 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Tell that to the GME bag holders lol

🧻🙌🧻 💎🙌💎= 🚀🚀🌕

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, puc86 said:

You absolutely never once have to go backwards in order to go forward, that’s only something that people failing as they learn on the job say. In order to go forward you simply have to identify the greatest opportunities and seize them. By CJS’ own admission he made leadership mistakes that directly lead to the abortion he created last season. I hope that by identifying his problems we can move forward and progress but it most certainly was not necessary in order to improve over CCS’ failings and that it happened is because MK hired the wrong guy for the moment,  we can only go up from here and I hope that we do but that does not change the fact that there is absolutely nothing MK has demonstrated that makes anyone think he is capable of making a good hire to turn around quickly a middling program.

OK Puc you can't have it both ways......if he made the wrong hire, then tell me please who
SHOULD he have hired?

You can't make a blanket statement saying that he did the wrong thing, when you have NO solution of what he should have done as the RIGHT thing!

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, bjef4844 said:

Agreed - one year of results during a pandemic. Have to give him the 3 years we gave CWT.

And I'll pay for the drinks!

I'm starting to like you even better......I'll take a Tito's with Club Soda and a Lime.  Gotta watch the waist line, working out and trying to cut back on the calories!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

OK Puc you can't have it both ways......if he made the wrong hire, then tell me please who
SHOULD he have hired?

You can't make a blanket statement saying that he did the wrong thing, when you have NO solution of what he should have done as the RIGHT thing!

Did you seriously ask me this question? I think pretty much everyone that’s been to the site a single time knows who I personally would choose. CWT would have also been a better choice as well as anyone that has ever successfully built a program, has had success at the FBS level or a strong Florida presence. CJS’ resume is that he knows people that know MK and that just isn’t demonstrating a CV that should qualify him to even get an interview.

18 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I'm starting to like you even better......I'll take a Tito's with Club Soda and a Lime.  Gotta watch the waist line, working out and trying to cut back on the calories!

I have put on way to much weight during the pandemic - working remotely and 20 feet from my kitchen is not good!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Did you seriously ask me this question? I think pretty much everyone that’s been to the site a single time knows who I personally would choose. CWT would have also been a better choice as well as anyone that has ever successfully built a program, has had success at the FBS level or a strong Florida presence. CJS’ resume is that he knows people that know MK and that just isn’t demonstrating a CV that should qualify him to even get an interview.

Pretty sure that CJS resume has a National title on it.