• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Your comprehensive guide to the 2021 college basketball coaching hot seat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

If you have access to ESPN+ its a good read. Gregory is mentioned here. They reference the disappointments of the last two seasons, his low buyout and not having had a winning conference record since 2009.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2021%2F0301%2Fr821175_1

Embattled Indiana coach Archie Miller is among the primary hot seat names, but could IU find a better alternative?

Edited by bjef4844

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

"This might be the one job in this section worth keeping an eye on, though."- Interesting line in reference to BG seat. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

22 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

"This might be the one job in this section worth keeping an eye on, though."- Interesting line in reference to BG seat. 

Not sure what is meant by that. It's under the sub heading "I'd be surprised".   So does he mean he wouldn't be overly surprised? 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Not sure what is meant by that. It's under the sub heading "I'd be surprised".   So does he mean he wouldn't be overly surprised? 

I don't know what to make of it either. I was wondering is he viewed it the best job in the section, should it open, or if it was more along the lines of your thinking. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

3 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I don't know what to make of it either. I was wondering is he viewed it the best job in the section, should it open, or if it was more along the lines of your thinking. 

Don't think USF is a better job than Marquette or Notre Dame or any of those other schools listed. I'm going with CBG being fired not a huge surprise.  I would be.  Think he comes back for one more at least.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't think USF is a better job than Marquette or Notre Dame or any of those other schools listed. I'm going with CBG being fired not a huge surprise.  I would be.  Think he comes back for one more at least.

He deserves the be more season but if it turns out like this year (COVID or no COVID) then he needs to go. If I was him I would be making some changes with my assistants this off season. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I don’t follow BB recruiting that closely, however, it looks we have a point guard coming in next fall.  If Gregory doesn’t improve guard play next year, he’s more than likely gone.  At this point, I’d be ok with Collins moving on.  I appreciate his commitment to USF in a really ****** time, however, we need some new blood.  Couple of questions.  Do we have any schollies left to give out?  Is Dawson planning on returning next year?  Lots of questions going in to 2021/22 season.

hij4rqo8fwwoodwdv5xg

Windermere HS point guard Trey Moss becomes the first member of USF's 2021 recruiting class.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

I think it means we don’t follow USF close enough to have an informed opinion so we are heading our bets by saying anything is possible 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Gregory will be back next year. Question will be whether Yetna and Brown do

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,089
  • Days Won:  56

5 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Gregory will be back next year. Question will be whether Yetna and Brown do

For awhile, I was in the camp that it would be nice to bring Collins and Brown back for a fifth year. Now, not so much. Time to see what some new blood might be able to bring. Yetna? Where's he going? Caleb Murphy is the real question for me at this point. He's got some great athleticism, but the dude simply can't shoot the basketball. He's a liability on the court right now. All you have to do is play off him. Doesn't matter how wide open he is from 15 feet out, he's not going to make that shot with any consistency to make you come out and guard him. 

Edited by Dave_Glaser