• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Your comprehensive guide to the 2021 college basketball coaching hot seat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,869
  • Days Won:  67

18 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

I agree. After Year 1 I am not totally sure what we have in CJS, but I am not mad about it. CWT's first 2+ years looked like a mess, but he figured it out. CJS is also a first time coach who is also learning on the fly. If he can find an average quarterback then he'll have a chance for success here.

I used to follow recruiting closer and CWT’s first full class was awesome and we felt like we had something even though his offensive strategy was awful, he was forced to change it and Q was a stud.  Not sure we can pull another genie out of the bottle.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, puc86 said:

I can get over it pretty quickly as long as he makes considerable and tangible improvement 

Thank goodness! This is probably CJS's #1 concern seeing how you're king of the world.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,524

13 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I used to follow recruiting closer and CWT’s first full class was awesome and we felt like we had something even though his offensive strategy was awful, he was forced to change it and Q was a stud.  Not sure we can pull another genie out of the bottle.

If he gets a good culture here, the IPF finally gets built, and we can get back to bowl games, then we should see an improvement and we may just snag a local kid that can ball.

The culture here was not good, I think CWT saw the writing on the wall as well as dollar signs and jumped ship. Charlie came in and lost control of the locker room completely, and our football team was in a huge identity crisis (probably started when Pilsbury Skippy came to town).

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Thank goodness! This is probably CJS's #1 concern seeing how you're king of the world.

Funny, I’m not worried about me. I’m worried about the thousands of others that have not attended a game in years, have stopped posting on Thebullspen, have stopped following us in general, don’t click on articles anymore, haven’t bought any merchandise and make no more contributions to USF. It’s easier to lose people than it is to win them back and each passing day of institutionalized failure leads to the loss of more fans that we may never win back, which is particularly concerning when you consider that current youth are a difficult group to try to convert to a fandom.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Funny, I’m not worried about me. I’m worried about the thousands of others that...

Wow! Not only are you already king, but also running for office. Go Puc go!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, zarnozdabull said:

Wow! Not only are you already king, but also running for office. Go Puc go!

I appreciate your support in making USF great again, we are going to build a wall on the other side of Lakeland and UCF is going to pay for it! Here have a hatimage.png

Edited by puc86

Guest Jonesy Bull
15 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Yes, we can pull another Genie out of the bottle.....stop being such a **** pessimist!  Nobody these days has patience, even the supposed smart ones!  Yeah I'm looking at you Frisco.

Image result for pics of jeannie out of the bottles

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Yes, we can pull another Genie out of the bottle.....stop being such a **** pessimist!  Nobody these days has patience, even the supposed smart ones!  Yeah I'm looking at you Frisco.

Image result for pics of jeannie out of the bottles

I think we actually have a pretty good history of being able to field above average quarterbacks for the respectful levels of football we were playing at the time:

• Chad Barnhardt (1997 - 1998)
  • Marquel Blackwell (1999-2002)
  • Matt Grothe (2006 - 2009)
  • BJ Daniels (2008 - 2012)
  • Quinton Flowers (2014 - 2017)

Over a 21 year stretch we had a pretty good quarterback on the roster for us 17 of the 21 years. Now, the last 3 years haven't been kind, but hope our offensive minded HC can find someone in that same ilk as the five listed above. There is a reason to be optimistic.

Guest Jonesy Bull
50 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

I think we actually have a pretty good history of being able to field above average quarterbacks for the respectful levels of football we were playing at the time:

• Chad Barnhardt (1997 - 1998)
  • Marquel Blackwell (1999-2002)
  • Matt Grothe (2006 - 2009)
  • BJ Daniels (2008 - 2012)
  • Quinton Flowers (2014 - 2017)

Over a 21 year stretch we had a pretty good quarterback on the roster for us 17 of the 21 years. Now, the last 3 years haven't been kind, but hope our offensive minded HC can find someone in that same ilk as the five listed above. There is a reason to be optimistic.

There is reason to be optimistic, when there is reason to be optimistic.  Right now most are pessimistic for a very easy way out.  Its hard to be optimistic, when you aren't strong enough to be optimistic.  But soooooo much easier to be pessimistic....I would call out names, but I'm not supposed to do that.  Right Puc?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

11 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Right now most are pessimistic for a very easy way out.

Come on, Jonesy, only one is really pessimistic ....... and that's just what he is about almost everything USF these days. Don't get deafened by the huge squeaky wheel.