• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN: Your comprehensive guide to the 2021 college basketball coaching hot seat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

If this is about CJS, it's nonsensical  ......

I do not care who delivers it, I am just frustrated that we hired someone that went out of their way to delay progress by another year. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

38 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I do not care who delivers it, I am just frustrated that we hired someone that went out of their way to delay progress by another year

I had forgotten about that windmill,  Don .....

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I had forgotten about that windmill,  Don .....

Thanks to the green energy moves they are everywhere, a few decades ago windmills were much harder to come across.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,869
  • Days Won:  67

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Thanks to the green energy moves they are everywhere, a few decades ago windmills were much harder to come across.

Yes and if it gets really cold a windmill is about as effective as CJS was in his first year. They both freeze up in crunch time.  

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yes and if it gets really cold a windmill is about as effective as CJS was in his first year. They both freeze up in crunch time.  

And when they do some people get mad at the windmills and some people get mad at the people that get mad at them.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,869
  • Days Won:  67

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And when they do some people get mad at the windmills and some people get mad at the people that get mad at them.

It really is a silly argument, his first year was a bust and no way to spin that.  Will he  turn it around, who knows, did he show even a glimmer of hope? no, were there challenges? Yes.  I am not mad at anyone but not really happy with him either.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

11 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It really is a silly argument, his first year was a bust and no way to spin that.  Will he  turn it around, who knows, did he show even a glimmer of hope? no, were there challenges? Yes.  I am not mad at anyone but not really happy with him either.  

I agree. After Year 1 I am not totally sure what we have in CJS, but I am not mad about it. CWT's first 2+ years looked like a mess, but he figured it out. CJS is also a first time coach who is also learning on the fly. If he can find an average quarterback then he'll have a chance for success here.

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I can get over it pretty quickly as long as he makes considerable and tangible improvement 

2 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

I agree. After Year 1 I am not totally sure what we have in CJS, but I am not mad about it. CWT's first 2+ years looked like a mess, but he figured it out. CJS is also a first time coach who is also learning on the fly. If he can find an average quarterback then he'll have a chance for success here.

Yes but CWT had his disastrous start by also following the plan he came here with instead of one that would actually work here, CWT miraculously pivoted to a new philosophy (a rarity in college football). That being said his 2.5 years of failure were completely unnecessary.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

18 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yes but CWT had his disastrous start by also following the plan he came here with instead of one that would actually work here, CWT miraculously pivoted to a new philosophy (a rarity in college football). That being said his 2.5 years of failure were completely unnecessary.

Unnecessary? Maybe. Realistic that it takes time turn around a program is disrepair? Yes.