• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

National Signing Day chat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

23 minutes ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I certainly like the direction.  The 10 HS target is pretty amazing, but you can't help but think of all the HS kids who have D1 talent but can't get a slot due to the limit.

I am thinking that this will be a problem around the country. My guess is that the NCAA will grant a one year waiver that allows teams to go over 85 (maybe to 90), but only if they have a certain amount of seniors that will be graduating. The extra year of eligibility really clogs things up for incoming kids. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Just remember, we can have 105 scholarship players next year. But, have to be back to 85 in ‘22

Could we try to get so preferred walk-ons, then move them up to a scholly the next season? I’m sure they’re trying to figure out how to make it work.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I can fully understand how the ill aimed, horribly redundant negativity here would push some away .....

image.jpeg

Time for the other half.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

It appears to be a solid class, would have liked to see a couple more D-lineman but appears we got some players.  I used to follow it closely and remember the elation I had with CWT’s first full class #40 and I did not get the same chill down my leg this time around but i feel like we will have a QB to rally around finally, just not sure which one.  I still think CJS is the guy and will become a much better X’s and O’s than CWT , more gut than anything I have seen yet.  We need to see major improvements in 21, 5 wins is my projection and this would make me happy, 6 and a bowl would be awesome.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Could we try to get so preferred walk-ons, then move them up to a scholly the next season? I’m sure they’re trying to figure out how to make it work.

If they can afford the tuition for a year that is the question. I suspect those that do that will really want to be a USF Bull.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If they can afford the tuition for a year that is the question. I suspect those that do that will really want to be a USF Bull.

Fealty test to join a football team? 🤔

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

6 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Fealty test to join a football team? 🤔

Yes! 🤘

Guest Jonesy Bull

Im not a recruitnik whatsoever.

But after reading this thread and the comments from you guys that are knowledgeable on the subject.  It sounds like we over-achieved.  Very exciting to finally get good news.  Now coach 'em up and lets start winning again!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455

1 hour ago, Roaming Bull said:

Could we find a way to bend the rules? In sports? In the NCAA? 🤣 I would almost guarantee it.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,305

Hopefully Jarren and Fortin send McCloud to the portal.  Our chances automatically increase from 0% to beat a FCS team.

Edited by Outlaw