• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

National Signing Day chat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, MikeG said:

OMG--- USF wins the Superbowl!

How did they do it!? They aren't even in the NFL!  lol

Seriously -- to everyone

Win a game-- one that a matters. Work from that standpoint. This BS about Conference championships is 10 levels deep of nonsense and unrealistic. Win 6 games next year--- ok-- I might think they have a shot to make noise. NEB is already scouting the location of the CJS statue placement. It is fantasyland.

Again--- Letter of Intent thread-- nothing more than potential at this time.

Maybe...maybe not. But I am not a slave to historical inferences when we all know crazy things can happen in college football. I choose to live with possibility of success versus the alternative that Puc presents. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am just curious so why do you even bother following the team? I mean if your historical perspectives are so correct then it sounds like you already have the future of the program figured out. So why bother? 

I have no idea where we end up, I just want to see some incremental progress and while I more than welcome exponential gains I certainly do not count on them especially when I’m going backwards. 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

We were looking at deltas when you look at deltas there are always negatives when you drop below the baseline 

But I am not looking at deltas...I am looking at projectories and I stand by my prior post. 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I have no idea where we end up, I just want to see some incremental progress and while I more than welcome exponential gains I certainly do not count on them especially when I’m going backwards. 

Well it can be inferred that your negativity toward CJS, the transfers, the signees shows you have little faith in any success. 

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well it can be inferred that your negativity toward CJS, the transfers, the signees shows you have little faith in any success. 

I’m not negative on them you only see it as negative because you accepted that the last batch of players were horrible. I personally believe the last batch of players were just fine to compete in the AAC and that we needed coaching improvement which is why we fired CCS. The crop that CJS brought in are equally fine but if we believe that they alone are a difference maker in success, like CWT who actually brought in better classes than who he replaced , I think we maybe disappointed again.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

you should either put him on ignore or get over caring what he thinks. Save the rest of us from your acrimony.

It started out that he was over the top-- your resistance to it has gone to another level.

Let me summarize- Look I realize that we more than likely will only have incremental success for FB. My perspective of a 10 win season is probably off. However, if it is the middle ground from @puc86 instance we hired the wrong coach (based on historical statistics and inferences) then we will all probably be satisfied in the short term. I just think there needs to be another perspective than the negative one. I too am tired of eating a **** sandwich from the restaurant of USF ATHLETICS, but I am not going to stop watching and at this point I would rather have some hope than none at all. 

4 minutes ago, MikeG said:

you should either put him on ignore or get over caring what he thinks. Save the rest of us from your acrimony.

It started out that he was over the top-- your resistance to it has gone to another level.

Perhaps Mike. I have summarized my final point above and will back away...for now. And if I mine is acrimony then his is certainly negative redundancy. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Let me summarize- Look I realize that we more than likely will only have incremental success for FB. My perspective of a 10 win season is probably off. However, if it is the middle ground from @puc86 instance we hired the wrong coach (based on historical statistics and inferences) then we will all probably be satisfied in the short term. I just think there needs to be another perspective than the negative one. I too am tired of eating a **** sandwich from the restaurant of USF ATHLETICS, but I am not going to stop watching and at this point I would rather have some hope than none at all. 

All I want is to see something that resembles any progress that we can then incrementally gain on before I start to claim that I know it is certainly happening.

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Perhaps Mike. I have summarized my final point above and will back away...for now. And if I mine is acrimony then his is certainly negative redundancy. 

I prefer to think of it as consistency 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

Good to see CJS making an impact with recruiting. This was always going to be a multi-year, ground-up rebuild, and it’s hard to expect better than what CJS brought in when you’re coming off a 1-win season.

I’m **** sure CJS will have the football program looking healthy again quicker than the culture of this forum will be healthy again (if it ever can with some of the characters here). This forum will never thrive again, even if Bulls football is thriving, until the bull**** goes away. Any lurker (let’s say a USF freshman) thinking about getting involved in the community would be repulsed by the discussion here.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1