• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

National Signing Day chat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We will win 4 games next year but the following year will be a championship. Mark it. 

That’s a pretty big jump and would make the journey probably worth it but it is my experience in life that people betting on giant turnarounds following failed implementations usually do not miracle themselves to drastic improvement year over year most progress in life tends to be incremental 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

I fully welcome it. If CJS wins us a conference championship then he is definitely in the running for best coach in USF history. However, if he does it and leaves the cupboard empty and we fall back into the abyss, then his legacy will be worth a whole let less. I don't begrudge someone for wanting more. He should be judged by his actual accomplishments and not the promise of what he could deliver.  

I agree with that assessment. That is why I don’t get too excited about Willie. He failed on both accounts. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Soooooo, did I miss any convos about the QB we just got, that started a few games for UM and threw for 6 touchdowns against L'ville?

Ton of talent. He played behind one of the worst o-lines in the country at UM and was murdered regularly. He is a prototypical Pro-style QB, so don't expect a lot of scrambling from him. If he is going to win the job we need to either have a good o-line or run a lot of screens and quick slants for this kid. 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

That’s a pretty big jump and would make the journey probably worth it but it is my experience in life that people betting on giant turnarounds following failed implementations usually do not miracle themselves to drastic improvement year over year most progress in life tends to be incremental 

Universities do it every year. Why not us? I remember the community college in Orlando doing it. 

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

Ton of talent. He played behind one of the worst o-lines in the country at UM and was murdered regularly. He is a prototypical Pro-style QB, so don't expect a lot of scrambling from him. If he is going to win the job we need to either have a good o-line or run a lot of screens and quick slants for this kid. 

I will be shocked if he is not the starter on opening day. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree with that assessment. That is why I don’t get too excited about Willie. He failed on both accounts. 

Then what exactly has CJS actually accomplished that makes you so mad that people actually want to see even a sliver of better from him before anointing him as our savior?

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Then what exactly has CJS actually accomplished that makes you so mad that people actually want to see even a sliver of better from him before anointing him as our savior?

He has not accomplished nothing...yet. Anyone who thought he would have done so already did not know college football. You have already been feed the reasons but don’t support them so I am not going to waste my time again with you explaining it. But if you are too blind to see that a solid foundation is being built then this just further proves my point about you.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  161

Time out---

We are in the signing day thread and people are going nuts talking about conference championships.

I will settle for a win.

Then a another.

Rinse repeat. We've NEVER won a football Conference Championship. How any one could use that as the acceptable bar makes zero sense. I mean-- shoot for the stars and all that but we are in the letter of intent signing thread. Just a bit of a cart before the horse conversation going on.

Stop with all the escalation of the discussion and talking about championships. The fact that we won a single game against an FCS school is the sum of last years accomplishments. Conference Championship? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDS?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Universities do it every year. Why not us? I remember the community college in Orlando doing it. 

I will be shocked if he is not the starter on opening day. 

They actually had incremental progress in Scott’s first year they improved by 6 games in his second year they improved by 7 games.  We had a coaching change and netted negative wins and then in year two expect to net zero, that’s a pretty big jump in year three having not established any improvement since the day you stepped on campus but I would be more than happy to see the improvement hoped for.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 minutes ago, MikeG said:

Time out---

We are in the signing day thread and people are going nuts talking about conference championships.

I will settle for a win.

Then a another.

Rinse repeat. We've NEVER won a football Conference Championship. How any one could use that as the acceptable bar makes zero sense. I mean-- shoot for the stars and all that but we are in the letter of intent signing thread. Just a bit of a cart before the horse conversation going on.

Stop with all the escalation of the discussion and talking about championships. The fact that we won a single game against an FCS school is the sum of last years accomplishments. Conference Championship? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDS?

Conference? Try National!

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

Time out---

I will settle for a win.

Then a another.

Players win championships Mike...it relates. We have a poster who is insinuating that this year’s crop of players is meh. That the transfers are meh. I assume there is a reason for that negative attitude.