• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

National Signing Day chat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

@puc86 just before he gets ready to hate all over USF football...as usual...

angry tyra banks GIF

I do not have that much hair

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, mj796 said:

Excitement? When has this ever happened? Guy is extremely monotone.

Ah Louk..if a bull could talk it would sound like Jim Louk. Not a bad thing or slam on the guy he is appreciated for all he does. I just think a bull would have that slow verbal presentation so you know what the hell it is talking about. I doubt a bull would want to repeat itself. Louk is the voice of the bulls..yep, As advertised

dancing bull.gif

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Who the **** is claiming any kind of a "victory"?? They're saying it's a better class than last year's and by every measurement, it is, isn't it? ****, I hate when you go into your drama queen mode ........ which is misleading because it infers you're not always in that mode. 

There are plenty of people posting about how this is getting us back (as if last years class that apparently belongs to no one was horribly impactful this year) while on the surface it seems to be the exact same level of players that had no talent, won zero FBS games and are being cheered for their departure. Sorry that I expect actual accomplishments in order to cheer something as success and simply getting back to where things were before you got here just isn’t quite it. Next year we may get all the way back to four wins and we will cheer but the reality is that is two years completely wasted to get right back to where we started.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 hours ago, DJBulls said:

Plus the transfers aren't attributed to the score...we landed some really good talent from the transfer portal...

all in all it appears to be a good haul

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

Isn’t this pretty much ranked the same as all of CCS’ classes?

Pulled this snippet from 247. 

Many of Jesse Chinchar's student-athletes were gaining some fantastic recruiting attention as the Early Signing Period approached. CAI has been a pipeline to Division I schools all over the country, and it's been a place that USF has lacked over previous cycles.

Jeff Scott understands how important CAI is - he recruited former Knights WR Ajou Ajou to Clemson - and he's already begun to work that pipeline to create one at USF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

There are plenty of people posting about how this is getting us back (as if last years class that apparently belongs to no one was horribly impactful this year) while on the surface it seems to be the exact same level of players that had no talent, won zero FBS games and are being cheered for their departure. Sorry that I expect actual accomplishments in order to cheer something as success and simply getting back to where things were before you got here just isn’t quite it. Next year we may get all the way back to four wins and we will cheer but the reality is that is two years completely wasted to get right back to where we started.

I know someone else posted this article, but it is a great read and breakdown of contributions from our most recent recruiting classes (and also shows the disparity between CSH and CWT in terms of their recruiting prowess). Sure, we may have had classes under CCS that ranked in the 60's, but when you factor in who actually contributed, he failed miserably. I agree, on paper, this looks like any other class. The challenge for CJS is to find the QB of the future, hit on some of the more highly ranked recruits, and find a few diamonds in the rough. CSS didn't really do any of that. Luckily, the 2018 class, while not impressive, remains relatively intact, but CJS still has a lot of work to do. 

I'm one of those that chooses to take a wait-and-see approach with recruiting classes. How many of them make it on campus? How many of them contribute year one? How many stick around for year two. It is foolish to try and judge right now. What we can say, however, is that he has a good class on paper. Kept all of his recruits despite the challenges presented by Covid and a 1-8 season. Nabbed a player everyone thought was Georgia bound, and has signed some transfers that, if anything, provide depth and big-time college football experience. 

127764089.jpg.jpg

Another deep dive into USF recruiting history.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Can’t find CJS press conference

16 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I know someone else posted this article, but it is a great read and breakdown of contributions from our most recent recruiting classes (and also shows the disparity between CSH and CWT in terms of their recruiting prowess). Sure, we may have had classes under CCS that ranked in the 60's, but when you factor in who actually contributed, he failed miserably. I agree, on paper, this looks like any other class. The challenge for CJS is to find the QB of the future, hit on some of the more highly ranked recruits, and find a few diamonds in the rough. CSS didn't really do any of that. Luckily, the 2018 class, while not impressive, remains relatively intact, but CJS still has a lot of work to do. 

I'm one of those that chooses to take a wait-and-see approach with recruiting classes. How many of them make it on campus? How many of them contribute year one? How many stick around for year two. It is foolish to try and judge right now. What we can say, however, is that he has a good class on paper. Kept all of his recruits despite the challenges presented by Covid and a 1-8 season. Nabbed a player everyone thought was Georgia bound, and has signed some transfers that, if anything, provide depth and big-time college football experience. 

127764089.jpg.jpg

Another deep dive into USF recruiting history.

I guess my issues are 1. People find anything from the Daily Stampede “Great” and 2. People are using the ranking of this class to point to improvement and when that is shown not to be actual improvement they are pointing to the results of the previous class to show that the ranking is not accurate while using the absence of results to pretend this class is somehow different from similarly ranked classes.

• Upvote 1
  • Crying 1

17 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Can’t find CJS press conference

He had to go back and moonlight at Clemson in preparation for their possible playoff run, everyone knows that you have to make yourself available to your previous employer anytime they may make it to the playoffs.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

He had to go back and moonlight at Clemson in preparation for their possible playoff run, everyone knows that you have to make yourself available to your previous employer anytime they may make it to the playoffs.

Are you not tired yet?  Or are you the energizer bunny of negativity