• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

National Signing Day chat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yes not only did I expect better than only beating a single FCS this season but so did every other member of the board. When I pointed out that game 1 looked like some of the worst football I had seen here I was roasted and told that we were holding out the play calling for a future that never came. CJS could not have failed any more miserably this season and he needs to improve it and no you are right I do not think getting back to where the program was when the coach got fired for performance is improvement in year two simply because you finished off his job of burning the program to the ground. It’s okay to have expectations even marginal ones.

Then you and many on this board were delusional. You couldn't have stacked the deck against improving any more than it was against USF. We had at least two games that shouldn't have been played due to Covid holdouts. For a team without depth, without practice, without an identity, that is just too much to ask. I hope you and everyone else can be fair about the situation that we find ourselves in. If anyone is expecting us to beat NC State, BYU, or Florida next season you need to get your head checked. We aren't likely to beat SMU, Tulsa, Cincy, Houston or UCF either. Not to say we might not steal one, but it isn't something that anyone should be expecting. You can't build the second floor before you build the foundation. If you want to understand just how badly CCS damaged the program just reach out to Tyre McCants on Twitter and ask him. 

Edited by BullyPulpit
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I support you trying to get positive, I tried that with CCS and it didn’t work out very well for me but optimism is an important part of this program since we Holtz new errored, you can’t actually torture people once you break their spirit.

You have no idea what positive is. Whine whine whine...

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

Soooooo, did I miss any convos about the QB we just got, that started a few games for UM and threw for 6 touchdowns against L'ville?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,252
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I call BS, you are so negative about this coach and you express it over, and over, and over, and over. Whenever CJS name comes up you are right there to **** all over him. Your ulterior motives are sad and do nothing more than create a negative image for the program...yet you somehow find time to get a woody about **** that happened 15 years ago. 

I am negative because of what he has done since he has been here and the only pre existing bias I have against him is because he has a southern accent. All he has to do is be successful and I will love him and that has nothing to do with CJL other than the fact that he is the closest to success that we have had. People got sick of CJL’s plateau of success and then get mad that people can’t accept that we can’t even get back to a level of maintaining that sans one season each from each coach that came after him (except for CJS that has yet to have his 1).

Just now, BullyPulpit said:

Then you and many on this board were delusional. You couldn't have stacked the deck against improving any more than it was against USF. We had at least two games that shouldn't have been played due to Covid holdouts. For a team without depth, without practice, without an identity, that is just too much to ask. I hope you and everyone else can be fair about the situation that we find ourselves in. If anyone is expecting us to beat NC State, BYU, or Florida next season you need to get your head checked. We aren't likely to beat SMU, Tulsa, Cincy, Houston or UCF either. Not to say we might not steal one, but it isn't something that anyone should be expecting. You can't build the second floor before you build the foundation. If you want to understand just how badly CSS damaged the program just reach out to Tyre McCants on Twitter and ask him. 

We will win 4 games next year but the following year will be a championship. Mark it. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Then you and many on this board were delusional. You couldn't have stacked the deck against improving any more than it was against USF. We had at least two games that shouldn't have been played due to Covid holdouts. For a team without depth, without practice, without an identity, that is just too much to ask. I hope you and everyone else can be fair about the situation that we find ourselves in. If anyone is expecting us to beat NC State, BYU, or Florida next season you need to get your head checked. We aren't likely to beat SMU, Tulsa, Cincy, Houston or UCF either. Not to say we might not steal one, but it isn't something that anyone should be expecting. You can't build the second floor before you build the foundation. If you want to understand just how badly CSS damaged the program just reach out to Tyre McCants on Twitter and ask him. 

This...it is maddening that you have to explain this to someone...

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Fine I am a reasonable person I will settle for 5 that’s still better than what got CCS fired and completely discounting any portion of this year that he had to make improvements

Just now, DJBulls said:

This...it is maddening that you have to explain this to someone...

It’s maddening that people think this was unique to CJS and completely absolves him of basic performance when others facing adversity did not completely fall on their face 

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am negative because of what he has done since he has been here and the only pre existing bias I have against him is because he has a southern accent. All he has to do is be successful and I will love him and that has nothing to do with CJL other than the fact that he is the closest to success that we have had. People got sick of CJL’s plateau of success and then get mad that people can’t accept that we can’t even get back to a level of maintaining that sans one season each from each coach that came after him (except for CJS that has yet to have his 1).

But you are CONSTANTLY negative. Blah blah blah. You say the same **** over and over. You do so in long winded points to hide your hatred of the program because it has disappointed you. Guess what we are all disappointed...put on your big boy pants and get over it. We got a coach in here who believes in USF for the first time since JL. Look for the positive every now and then...I seem to remember a certain coach saying that to certain journalist about 13 years ago. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Last I checked that other guy had BCS opportunities and won no championships. I’ll put my chips on a guy that will be doing it the ethical way. Yes, he will leave when successful but he will have done more than anyone prior. This upsets puc ****. 

I fully welcome it. If CJS wins us a conference championship then he is definitely in the running for best coach in USF history. However, if he does it and leaves the cupboard empty and we fall back into the abyss, then his legacy will be worth a whole let less. I don't begrudge someone for wanting more. He should be judged by his actual accomplishments and not the promise of what he could deliver.