• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

National Signing Day chat

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  161

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

He had to go back and moonlight at Clemson in preparation for their possible playoff run, everyone knows that you have to make yourself available to your previous employer anytime they may make it to the playoffs.

200.gif

somebody needs a hug!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,252
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, El_Toro_86 said:

Are you not tired yet?  Or are you the energizer bunny of negativity 

It’s 3:21 why would I be tired? I’m not trying to be negative, I think this class is just fine. I am just curious as to why anyone finds it drastically improved when it looks a lot like all of our recent classes sans the year that is no ones fault.

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

200.gif

somebody needs a hug!

I do not like hugs, and I’m pretty sure they violate CDC guidelines anyway 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I guess my issues are 1. People find anything from the Daily Stampede “Great” and 2. People are using the ranking of this class to point to improvement and when that is shown not to be actual improvement they are pointing to the results of the previous class to show that the ranking is not accurate while using the absence of results to pretend this class is somehow different from similarly ranked classes.

TDS may not produce stellar articles, but their historical recruiting breakdown is solid. It looks at the totality of the classes and is at least an opinion piece supported by facts. If you take issue with the article, please point to exactly what is flawed in his analysis, otherwise your dismissal of the article is baseless. 

As for the recruiting ratings, last year's class was smaller (15 v. 21) but the average ratings of the players were in line with years past. CJS has not had an easy start. He inherited a terrible situation, didn't have a lot of time to recruit, signed what he could, and then plugged some of the gapping holes with transfers. Then Spring football gets canceled before we can solve the QB dilemma, players opt out and transfer, entire chunks of the roster are forced to miss practice and games, and there was really no ability to grow and build. The UCF game showed glimmers of hope and growth that he will hopefully build upon with this recruiting class and the marquee transfers. 

Again, I prefer to reserve judgment on these sorts of things. I'm glad we have a pretty full class this year that looks good on paper. Timmy McClain may be the answer we have been waiting for at QB since Flowers and there are a bunch of other solid guys. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He had to go back and moonlight at Clemson in preparation for their possible playoff run, everyone knows that you have to make yourself available to your previous employer anytime they may make it to the playoffs.

You are such a schmuck...I can’t wait for you to eat that crow sandwich. Everyone on this board is going to ride you for months and months. Oh and Jimbo sucks ass. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Me no likey 2

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

TDS may not produce stellar articles, but their historical recruiting breakdown is solid. It looks at the totality of the classes and is at least an opinion piece supported by facts. If you take issue with the article, please point to exactly what is flawed in his analysis, otherwise your dismissal of the article is baseless. 

As for the recruiting ratings, last year's class was smaller (15 v. 21) but the average ratings of the players were in line with years past. CJS has not had an easy start. He inherited a terrible situation, didn't have a lot of time to recruit, signed what he could, and then plugged some of the gapping holes with transfers. Then Spring football gets canceled before we can solve the QB dilemma, players opt out and transfer, entire chunks of the roster are forced to miss practice and games, and there was really no ability to grow and build. The UCF game showed glimmers of hope and growth that he will hopefully build upon with this recruiting class and the marquee transfers. 

Again, I prefer to reserve judgment on these sorts of things. I'm glad we have a pretty full class this year that looks good on paper. Timmy McClain may be the answer we have been waiting for at QB since Flowers and there are a bunch of other solid guys. 

I hope you are right I just am past ready to see something tangible and I’m not sure if we get back to what got CCS fired in year 3 by year 2 that exactly works for me.

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are such a schmuck...I can’t wait for you to eat that crow sandwich. Everyone on this board is going to ride you for months and months. Oh and Jimbo sucks ass. 

There is nothing that can happen in the future that will mean this first year was necessary or successful and I will be too excited by having actual success to be worried about others needing to pretend they saw something they knew pointed to future success in what was unquestionably the worst year of football we have ever seen. If winning means you will give me a hard time, I have broad shoulders and welcome it with open arms.

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I hope you are right I just am past ready to see something tangible and I’m not sure if we get back to what got CCS fired in year 3 by year 2 that exactly works for me.

crow GIF

There is nothing that can happen in the future that will mean this first year was necessary or successful and I will be too excited by having actual success to be worried about others needing to pretend they saw something they knew pointed to future success in what was unquestionably the worst year of football we have ever seen. If winning means you will give me a hard time, I have broad shoulders and welcome it with open arms.

Well get ready because you are going to get lit up. In four years it will be Jim who? 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, puc86 said:

It’s 3:21 why would I be tired? I’m not trying to be negative, I think this class is just fine. I am just curious as to why anyone finds it drastically improved when it looks a lot like all of our recent classes sans the year that is no ones fault.

There hasn’t been an air of optimism around this program in a very long time.  Today is a day to have a sliver of hope that perhaps we’re turning a corner.   I get that the recruiting rankings look like any other year, however, for me it feels a little different.  These guys may flame out and Scott may be gone in a few years and go down as Chad Morris 2.0, but for now I’m gonna try and stay positive.  And this is coming from one of the more negative guys on the board.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Did you realistically expect to see much more than you did this season? It was a throwaway from a wins and losses perspective, but it was great for the coaches to see what they had and where we need to improve. I hope you don't expect much better than a 4-8 season this year. For me the expectation is to see an improvement in play calling based upon our personnel and improvement from start to finish from the players.