• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Building For 2021

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,528
  • Days Won:  28

Soooo if McKenzie Milton transfers out....do we pick him up? lol Also Battie is fast! I cant wait for next year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,960
  • Days Won:  12

2 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

Ok, you go to your office tomorrow morning to start planning for next year. 

Who are you building the offense around?

Where do you begin on to try to put something resembling a defense together?

Where do you go from here?

1. You gotta build around the RB's - McCloud is a solid QB for that, but the OL will need a big upgrade. Also, USF has always been a program with some solid TE's and I expect that to continue next year. 

2. Not having to deal with COVID will be the biggest help here. We need help at every position group and my proposal would be to (1) keep the staff intact, (2) invest in guys you know will lead like grier, etc, and (3) find secondary depth.

3. Recruit your butt off.  I am not a fan of the portal (unpopular, I know, and feel free to chuck the tomatoes) and it's not really aligned with our strategy. If there is a critical need that can be met with a screaming "buy", I'm for it obviously. But I don't want a temp, and I don't want to get an extra win or 2 at the expense of CSJ's long-term vision for the program. If you tell me we go 5-7 next year with committed recruits or 8-4 with maxing out on one-offs from the portal, give me recruits all day long. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Soooo if McKenzie Milton transfers out....do we pick him up? lol Also Battie is fast! I cant wait for next year.

Milton will never play again at that level. It’s been two years and he is not 100%. Battie is the man!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Both lines need improvement but especially the defense...its our worst unit on the team by far. 

Secondary also big time help needed...maybe second worst unit.

Offense I feel next year can be pretty good with a complete offseason. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,348
  • Days Won:  10

I don't think we have any players that I would build a system around.  Let's choose the style we want and then seek out the players to excel in it.  It takes longer but is a better build.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, hm101 said:

1. You gotta build around the RB's - McCloud is a solid QB for that, but the OL will need a big upgrade. Also, USF has always been a program with some solid TE's and I expect that to continue next year. 

2. Not having to deal with COVID will be the biggest help here. We need help at every position group and my proposal would be to (1) keep the staff intact, (2) invest in guys you know will lead like grier, etc, and (3) find secondary depth.

3. Recruit your butt off.  I am not a fan of the portal (unpopular, I know, and feel free to chuck the tomatoes) and it's not really aligned with our strategy. If there is a critical need that can be met with a screaming "buy", I'm for it obviously. But I don't want a temp, and I don't want to get an extra win or 2 at the expense of CSJ's long-term vision for the program. If you tell me we go 5-7 next year with committed recruits or 8-4 with maxing out on one-offs from the portal, give me recruits all day long. 

I really hope #2 is correct. Everyone keeps saying by summer, by November, by the new year, by next summer. 

34 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

I don't think we have any players that I would build a system around.  Let's choose the style we want and then seek out the players to excel in it.  It takes longer but is a better build.

Battie says hi 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,031
  • Days Won:  38

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Milton will never play again at that level. It’s been two years and he is not 100%. Battie is the man!

Hah my friend had the idea of getting Milton also.

Need a QB at all costs.  Perhaps 2.

1 minute ago, Rocky Style said:

Well he ain’t it

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

22 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Incoming freshman Timmy McClain may be the answer. He’s an accurate dual threat QB currently leading his undefeated Seminole HS team on a run through the 8A playoffs.

Edited by Fold FB Invest in BB