• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Building For 2021

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Ok, you go to your office tomorrow morning to start planning for next year. 

Who are you building the offense around?

Where do you begin on to try to put something resembling a defense together?

Where do you go from here?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

I’d start off by looking for a better DC because the one we have isn’t very good. 

Then I’d hit up the portal for any defensive player that could come in and contribute from day 1. 

I’m building the offense around Battie and Dollison 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

I would start with both lines - defense first.  We got zero pressure on Gabriel today and he cut-up the secondary.

Beyond that, CJS needs to decide on an offensive identity (are we a spread team, an RPO team or a pro-style team) - once that is decided, build an offensive line for that scheme and go from there

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

8 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

I would start with both lines - defense first.  We got zero pressure on Gabriel today and he cut-up the secondary.

Beyond that, CJS needs to decide on an offensive identity (are we a spread team, an RPO team or a pro-style team) - once that is decided, build an offensive line for that scheme and go from there

A lot of that was because of 3 man rushes.  Cover guys can only cover for so long.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Jordan McCloud looked like a competitor for the first time. I've been clamoring for a replacement all year but hes put in effort to improve and I can respect that. He looked much faster, and looked at more receivers than he ever has (still doesnt scan as well as we need him too)

Joiner is getting a bit stronger (still too weak though) and Battie looks decent to good

Reciever and Tight end look promising

Oline held up much better than usual

Dline was never good. Complete overhaul needed. 

Boyles Gier and Mims are good enough, mostly with the first two. If we can get improvement from any of those 3, linebackers are solid

Db's completely overhaul. Not much worth keeping. Sucks because going into the season we thought itd be a strong position. 

Scott gets a D overall grade this year for me. This game saved his ass I think. All we asked for is to turn this team competitive, and hes done that. I have a hard time seeing this team with less than 5 wins next year, and 7 as a ceiling (assuming a full season)

6 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

A lot of that was because of 3 man rushes.  Cover guys can only cover for so long.

Dline never gets pressure unless Grier or Boyles comes in to help blitz. I wonder if that's why they went to 3 lineman to put more linebackers in? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

4 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Jordan McCloud looked like a competitor for the first time. I've been clamoring for a replacement all year but hes put in effort to improve and I can respect that. He looked much faster, and looked at more receivers than he ever has (still doesnt scan as well as we need him too)

Joiner is getting a bit stronger (still too weak though) and Battie looks decent to good

Reciever and Tight end look promising

Oline held up much better than usual

Dline was never good. Complete overhaul needed. 

Boyles Gier and Mims are good enough, mostly with the first two. If we can get improvement from any of those 3, linebackers are solid

Db's completely overhaul. Not much worth keeping. Sucks because going into the season we thought itd be a strong position. 

Scott gets a D overall grade this year for me. This game saved his ass I think. All we asked for is to turn this team competitive, and hes done that. I have a hard time seeing this team with less than 5 wins next year, and 7 as a ceiling (assuming a full season)

Didn't look quick to me at the game in 1st half.

He wasn't getting fired.  Not sure what you mean my saving his butt.

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Didn't look quick to me at the game in 1st half.

He wasn't getting fired.  Not sure what you mean my saving his butt.

Faster than most games. He looked much more sure of himself. 

Sure he wasnt getting fired. But saved him from any finger pointing on my end this offseason. I'm optimistic for year 2 of this. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

One word Linebackers...we need them desperately and we need A LOT of them. 

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

1 hour ago, Rex Havoc said:

I’d start off by looking for a better DC because the one we have isn’t very good. 

Then I’d hit up the portal for any defensive player that could come in and contribute from day 1. 

I’m building the offense around Battie and Dollison 

If we actually had players, the defense might look different.  You may have missed that we barely could find 65 players to practice.  A normal roster has over 100.  Pandemic chaos.