• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Won’t be back to RJS

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

11 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

You’re welcome 😃

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, WhoRUSF said:

Yes they were more immediately hit with little damage now, while other countries are going to drag this out for years... 

Why is that hard to understand? 

5500 dead is a "little damage"? Its not hard to understand your cherry picked dates.

Was just saying they are a bad example and currently, it looks like they are reconsidering their initial plan bc it isnt working.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

28 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

5500 dead is a "little damage"? Its not hard to understand your cherry picked dates.

Was just saying they are a bad example and currently, it looks like they are reconsidering their initial plan bc it isnt working.

Again, that is less than America per person without shutting down...

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

7 hours ago, WhoRUSF said:

I know you won't give a straight yes or no answer, but if it was proven to reduce the amount of cases, would you support a complete house lockdown for 3 months where NOBODY is allowed to leave their house? 

And for the record, my job has me go to plenty of people's houses daily and I wear a mask in their homes no questions asked, so get off your moral high ground. You're not better than anybody for having a political stance, which this is 100% political. If you're debating allowed behavior for people it is political. I wouldn't expect a grandstander to know that. 

You can label me and call me all the names you want. It doesn’t change a thing. This is a PUBLIC HEALTH issue. And if it was PROVEN that we could nearly eliminate the impact of the virus by shutting down all but non-essential services for 6 weeks - as I’ve heard some public health experts suggest - then I ABSOLUTELY would have no problem doing that. Why should anyone have a problem with that? Again, not political, common sense - which seems to be in short supply. I know people affected by the virus, and I’d gladly abide by whatever public health recommendations it took if it meant they didn’t have to experience it. Wouldn’t you? Or did you already answer that?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,439
  • Days Won:  19

Too bad stupid is really the most widespread pandemic in the U.S. these days.  

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, SilverBull said:

Too bad stupid is really the most widespread pandemic in the U.S. these days.  

Yea, just wear the **** mask.  Your IQ will go up 20 points.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

12 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I totally agree with you Dave. A 4 week complete shutdown would eradicate the country of the virus, but it may not do the complete trick if the rest of the world doesn't fall in line (or is the US not falling in line?).

The people on this board complaining about wearing masks and complaining about this being overblown are the same ones who keep spreading the virus around.

Most of the people calling for a shutdown are immune from the economic impacts.   Wear a mask, wash your hands, social distance, take zinc, vitamin D, lock yourself in your house or do whatever the hell you want but if you are advocating for a complete shutdown for a month then I question yours and Dave’s intelligence.  These health experts have no idea if this would do the trick but the economic pain would be felt for years.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

<So...I got this mask and have been wearing it religiously along with social distancing.>Of course, I have socially distanced for many years just because people can wear you out. People have become so thin skinned. Folks use to have some sense of humor and were tougher handling problems thrown at them. Disclaimer: Actually...this isn't targeted at any one person on here just injecting "my opinion" too. of course mine is correct because it's mine...This is a bit of humor tossed into a very serious subject matter. When I see people on here start to bash others for their "opinion" because it doesn't match their own "opinion" that shows why this Country has become so so screwed up. So..have fun with this whatever makes you happy....

TRUMP.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,098
  • Days Won:  56

30 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Most of the people calling for a shutdown are immune from the economic impacts.   Wear a mask, wash your hands, social distance, take zinc, vitamin D, lock yourself in your house or do whatever the hell you want but if you are advocating for a complete shutdown for a month then I question yours and Dave’s intelligence.  These health experts have no idea if this would do the trick but the economic pain would be felt for years.  

Did you see the word PROVEN in both the original post and my reply? Are we there? I don’t know. The scenario presented said - would you shut down if it was PROVEN to significantly lower/eliminate the cases of the virus? I can’t see any other answer but “yes” to that question. Economic impact vs. people’s lives? Not really much choice, I would think. The idea that might actually be a choice to ponder is what makes me worried for America. Again, it seems to be a matter of whether or not you or someone you know/love is directly affected by the virus. If it hasn’t personally touched you, well then, what’s the big deal. Right?

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Did you see the word PROVEN in both the original post and my reply? Are we there? I don’t know. The scenario presented to me said - would you shut down if it was PROVEN to significantly lower the cases of the virus? I can’t see any other answer but “yes” to that question. Economic impact vs. people’s lives? Not really much choice, I would think. The idea that might actually be a choice to ponder is what makes me worried for America.

It will never be PROVEN or 100 percent until you try it, that is how these trials work.  We are a global economy and we will never get 6 billion people on the same page, we will never get 320 million in our own country to do what is asked of them.  We constantly try to compare us to these European countries and say look at them but we are far bigger both in population and land mass and more diverse with varying levels of trust in our government.  Get a vaccine and it may work, some may take it and in the end learn to live with this thing for the next few years or maybe more.  It will become less of a hot button issue after the election.