• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Won’t be back to RJS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Triple B said:

Actually it was resolved in the thread starter ..... Toro ain't going back.

It’s like forgetting the first sentence of War and Peace....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

9 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Attention to detail is one of my strong points ...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

The thread was not one of our best but I believe we are simply playing down to the on field performance we are witnessing.  Our team is so bad that it is affecting the quality of our threads.  I for one am sandbagging until I see a better product on the field, be prepared to be underwhelmed with irrelevant cliches coupled with nonsensical babble for the near future.  I don’t feel this team deserves my best work right now.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

5 hours ago, Azmodi said:

Global pandemic my ass. This "Pandemic", has the mortality rate of the common flu. I'm tired of the fear police and their "Social Medea" campain to destroy peoples lives. How many people have lost their business, homes and all for fear of death from a bug that won't harm anyone with a good dose of vitamins "C" and "D". Call it wat you want but don't follow in ignorance. Find other sources of information. You will feel releaved as you drop that mask and go for a walk in the sun.

Another idiot opening his mouth before knowing what he's talking about.

Is the new coronavirus deadlier than the flu?

Yes, COVID-19 is at least 10 times more lethal than influenza, according to Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

The flu kills less than 0.1% of people each year, while the fatality rate for the new coronavirus appears to be around 2-3%, according to the WHO.

Worldwide, about 291,000 to 646,000 people die of the flu each year, according to Johns Hopkins, compared to about 4,500 deaths so far in the past few months from COVID-19. 

COVID-19 truly is more deadly than the flu — patients hospitalized with COVID-19 were five times more likely to die than those with the flu, according to a new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 

Edited by Cornada

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

11 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

The thread was not one of our best but I believe we are simply playing down to the on field performance we are witnessing.  Our team is so bad that it is affecting the quality of our threads.  I for one am sandbagging until I see a better product on the field, be prepared to be underwhelmed with irrelevant cliches coupled with nonsensical babble for the near future.  I don’t feel this team deserves my best work right now.  

Sounds like you are following the last 5 years of strategy by Mr. Puc...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Sounds like you are following the last 5 years of strategy by Mr. Puc...

You are only as good as your source material 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,834
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, Cornada said:

Worldwide, about 291,000 to 646,000 people die of the flu each year, according to Johns Hopkins, compared to about 4,500 deaths so far in the past few months from COVID-19. 

I am having trouble understand the paragraph above, makes no sense. This would show you it is not as deadly, I realize the spike during flu season but what is the writer trying to convey.  Fauci can kiss my ass as well,  he is a little turd.  I find it hard to believe 2-3 percent of people that catch Covid die, seems inflated from the current numbers we are seeing.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

On 10/24/2020 at 3:18 PM, El_Toro_86 said:

This thread is like Chuckles coaching career.  It’s lasted longer than it should.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

1 hour ago, Cornada said:

Yes, COVID-19 is at least 10 times more lethal than influenza, according to Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

The flu kills less than 0.1% of people each year, while the fatality rate for the new coronavirus appears to be around 2-3%, according to the WHO.

COVID-19 truly is more deadly than the flu — patients hospitalized with COVID-19 were five times more likely to die than those with the flu, according to a new study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 

CDC calculates estimates of disease burden in the United States using surveillance data and modeling to adjust for sources of under-detection. Burden estimates for the...

Where did you pull your data from?

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

CDC calculates estimates of disease burden in the United States using surveillance data and modeling to adjust for sources of under-detection. Burden estimates for the...

Where did you pull your data from?

Just a quick google search.  The first section was several months old so I updated w/ the second paragraph.