• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Won’t be back to RJS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

23 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

@Friscobull you bring up a very good point. But for those that are the most financially vulnerable for a month, that's where a next round of stimulus can help keep low-to-mid wage earners be kept whole. And the CFPB, which has rule making authority can put broaden the moratorium on payments due to lenders for that time frame plus one payment cycle.

This is the literal equivalent of not taking our medicine all at once and taking a band-aid approach. Having said that I totally understand where you are coming from @Friscobull and we should do everything we can to not make it a net-negative financially for most Americans.

The problem is if we prohibit any travel into and out of the US, any domestic lock down only mitigates the risk as others from other countries likely will reintroduce it. A vaccine is out best chance to beat this and we just need to mitigate the risk the most vulnerable in the meantime.

Most part agree, not a fan of more stimulus to further devalue our currency and believe a lock down won’t work, people will not stand for it, little trust in our govt officials.  I say we learn to live with it, take all the precautions and move on hoping one day there will be an effective vaccine that people will take.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

18 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It will never be PROVEN or 100 percent until you try it, that is how these trials work.  We are a global economy and we will never get 6 billion people on the same page, we will never get 320 million in our own country to do what is asked of them.  We constantly try to compare us to these European countries and say look at them but we are far bigger both in population and land mass and more diverse with varying levels of trust in our government.  Get a vaccine and it may work, some may take it and in the end learn to live with this thing for the next few years or maybe more.  It will become less of a hot button issue after the election.  

I don’t disagree with you, but that’s not what I was asked. I was asked what I would do IF it was a proven solution. When there is a PROVEN vaccine, we’ll have a whole new debate because there will still be a group of anti-vaxxers, etc. who won’t take it and argue that you shouldn’t either. The whole thing is tiring. I just know that this virus has done serious damage to families and the country, and we’ve not handled it - individually or as a nation - with much competence. We’re more interested in debating it and pointing fingers than agreeing on a sensible path forward. Leadership is lacking everywhere.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I don’t disagree with you, but that’s not what I was asked. I was asked what I would do IF it was a proven solution. When there is a PROVEN vaccine, we’ll have a whole new debate because there will still be a group of anti-vaxxers, etc. who won’t take it. The whole thing is tiring. I just know that this virus has done serious damage to families and the country, and we’ve not handled it - individually or as a nation - with much competence. We’re more interested in debating it than agreeing on a sensible path forward.

I am not sure there is a better way to handle it, we live in a free very diverse country with varying levels of trust in our elected officials.  I do agree with you that this is tiring, but we have to understand that there is very little patriotism left and our country is divided and will be for the rest of our lives, Our citizens now ask what the country can do for them and not the other way around.  They are taught at an early age to believe our country is to blame for many of the wrongs around the world as well as economic disparities here.   I know I sound like a crotchety old man but this is the world we live in, I have accepted that and don’t let it bother me, I find joy where I can, tip the scales so my kids have a leg up and help those in need when I can.  We get a vaccine or not, people wear masks or not, social distance or not, I don’t really care one way or another, I will continue to enjoy this football season and life in general even though our team is pathetic.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  347
  • Content Count:  4,024
  • Days Won:  55

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I am not sure there is a better way to handle it, we live in a free very diverse country with varying levels of trust in our elected officials.  I do agree with you that this is tiring, but we have to understand that there is very little patriotism left and our country is divided and will be for the rest of our lives, Our citizens now ask what the country can do for them and not the other way around.  They are taught at an early age to believe our country is to blame for many of the wrongs around the world as well as economic disparities here.   I know I sound like a crotchety old man but this is the world we live in, I have accepted that and don’t let it bother me, I find joy where I can, tip the scales so my kids have a leg up and help those in need when I can.  We get a vaccine or not, people wear masks or not, social distance or not, I don’t really care one way or another, I will continue to enjoy this football season and life in general even though our team is pathetic.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

On 10/23/2020 at 10:41 PM, Joe said:

Nah. It’s just dumb to be angry. We’re in a global pandemic. You’re in a public venue. They told you before you went in what the rules are.

The fact that you’re shocked they enforced them...

Global pandemic my ass. This "Pandemic", has the mortality rate of the common flu. I'm tired of the fear police and their "Social Medea" campain to destroy peoples lives. How many people have lost their business, homes and all for fear of death from a bug that won't harm anyone with a good dose of vitamins "C" and "D". Call it wat you want but don't follow in ignorance. Find other sources of information. You will feel releaved as you drop that mask and go for a walk in the sun.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Global pandemic my ass. This "Pandemic", has the mortality rate of the common flu. I'm tired of the fear police and their "Social Medea" campain to destroy peoples lives. How many people have lost their business, homes and all for fear of death from a bug that won't harm anyone with a good dose of vitamins "C" and "D". Call it wat you want but don't follow in ignorance. Find other sources of information. You will feel releaved as you drop that mask and go for a walk in the sun.

The data is all there...we have the hospitalization rate, the CFR, the IFR...the dominant strain of the virus that is now circulating through the population...we know how doctors are now treating the virus more effectively...how people are now testing more etc...now all of this information has to be weighed as to what degree that you keep things open...

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 minute ago, DJBulls said:

The data is all there...we have the hospitalization rate, the CFR, the IFR...the dominant strain of the virus that is now circulating through the population...we know how doctors are now treating the virus more effectively...how people are now testing more etc...now all of this information has to be weighed as to what degree that you keep things open...

Tell that to Sweeden!!!!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

This too shall pass( in time). If you look around as you stumble through your daily activities it is apparent that most people/businesses/gov are taking the CV serious. There are masks on most folks. Most businesses that handle large numbers of people require masks. Yep, some folks dont adhere so, steer clear best you can. Medical treatment has gotten better because they understand the virus better. It has killed off the elderly/vulnerable and some younger people which is very sad. You can only do your personal best to try to save yourself and your family. The virus will prob always be here now and people will get use to it. It will join the long list of viruses/bacteria/conditions that can make some people sick, not bother others and yes, kill some folks off. I' sure there are countries that would just love to see the US shut down "again" and cause a massive economic situation or worse. Every generation has it's events sometimes more than one in a lifetime. You handle it. It would appear that this virus is liken to the "Super Bug" all the sci fi writers dreamed up for years in their apocalyptic based books and movies. Well, it would appear this certain bug raises many questions. But, until there is a medical asset to help offset this thing...we live with it. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 pages and still nothing resolved....who would have thunk it...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,605
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

16 pages and still nothing resolved....who would have thunk it...

Actually it was resolved in the thread starter ..... Toro ain't going back.