• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Won’t be back to RJS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

**** that sux man.  Can you provide any details about his health prior to getting CV?  

Perfectly healthy as far as we know, umpired college ball last season, tested positive about a month ago, recovered he thought. 

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

12 hours ago, Joe said:

People who don’t want to wear masks are more snowflakes than people who want to wear them.

you are 100% correct

ussr? our federal,state and city governments control how fast we drive, how we drive,what we eat,drink etc.

you cant smoke in a restaurant

wearing a mask saves lives

all that said-----no one told me the game was friday night!!!

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

22 minutes ago, East lake bull said:

As per my post last night my brother in law will have tubes removed in about 2 hours, probably be embalmed by this time tomorrow, he didn't believe in this "shamdemic".

So sorry for your loss.  For some people, this has been a devastating disease.\

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442

6 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

So sorry for your loss.  For some people, this has been a devastating disease.\

Thanks Toro, indeed it has.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343

28 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I've seen plenty to indicate that people touch their face more when you have mask mandates. 

Sweeden didnt close anything or have a mask mandate, and have a much lower infection rate and less people dead from it on a per population basis. 

I'm sure you'll be like "oh Sweeden is less populated" well Stockholm is more densely populated and more total population then the Tampa Bay area. 

There are also examples in America that didnt shut down, and it seems to have no correlation to infection rates unless you watch CNN and they nit pick data for you. 

sweden-covid-19-04.jpg?quality=85&w=1200

Sweden's unique approach to the pandemic has drawn interest from...

Sweden is not a good example.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

3 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

sweden's approach didnt work

47 minutes ago, East lake bull said:

As per my post last night my brother in law will have tubes removed in about 2 hours, probably be embalmed by this time tomorrow, he didn't believe in this "shamdemic".

my heart goes out to you and your family

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

40 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Sweeden didnt close anything or have a mask mandate, and have a much lower infection rate and less people dead from it on a per population basis

Wrong ....

Gatherings of more than 50 people were banned, museums closed and sporting events canceled ....

And here's why the Sweden way, with only 10 million citizens, would never have worked here, with 331 million citizens:

....But that was the extent of the measures, with officials saying they would trust in the good sense of Swedes to keep their distance and wash their hands.

Mr. Flahault lauded Sweden’s government for that part of its approach. “The Swedes went into self-lockdown,” he said. “They trusted in their people to self-apply social distancing measures without punishing them.”

Too many Americans are self centered and selfish, coupled with a leadership that has refused to this day to take this thing seriously, that way was never going to work here.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

I'm glad you found a bias news article. I found charts. Their economy is also doing much better because they never shut down. 

Doesnt it look like they got over it? Meanwhile, the USA will drag this thing out for years... 

EjryB9mU0AAxuHB.jpeg

EjwBYC3XYAEKfn8.png

Ej0KrgpX0AEt5Vq.jpeg

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254

3 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I've seen plenty to indicate that people touch their face more when you have mask mandates. 

Sweeden didnt close anything or have a mask mandate, and have a much lower infection rate and less people dead from it on a per population basis. 

I'm sure you'll be like "oh Sweeden is less populated" well Stockholm is more densely populated and more total population then the Tampa Bay area. 

There are also examples in America that didnt shut down, and it seems to have no correlation to infection rates unless you watch CNN and they nit pick data for you. 

You're correct, I don't doubt you've seen people touching their face with a mask on- I do it myself.  Too often.  Though in aggregate, masks mitigate covid transmission even with people grabbing their masks and the science supports it.  Reference the evidence I provided. This is why its important that its been studied and not connected to anecdotal 'evidence' or what people 'think' or 'see' people doing.  Masks mitigate transmission- that is not refutable at this point.

Here's where you're correct: As for Sweden, you're right, they didn't 'lock down' everything.   Though early timing of a lock down is probably as important as the actual lockdown itself.  Early lockdown matters. Late lockdowns are disastrous.  Deciding to lockdown  too late makes a lock down ineffective and likely not worth the financial aftermath.  Locking down two weeks later than you should is akin to deciding to sweep dust in a wind storm- the key is to start sweeping well before the wind appears.  The US locked down was far too late sadly.

What Sweden did that most other countries didn't do early was eliminate contact with their most vulnerable very early- nursing homes, care facilities went into full lockdown- and early.  Most countries, including the US, were far slower to react.  Sweden made a decision early not to lock down and to essentially run the herd immunity experiment and has seen fewer deaths per capita than the US.  This is true.

Here's where you're not correct: Sweden likely did not have a 'much lower infection rate' per capita as you suggest than the US.  Instead, since the US tested at a rate of almost 100% per capita more than Sweden, the US will detect more cases that will eventually go undetected in Sweden.  This is likely supported by the death rates per capita  in Sweden not matching the infection rates per capita, because if so, Sweden  probably would expect to see a death rate  around the ~350 range per million and not the 586 per million that they actually had.

infected per million              deaths per million              tests per million

US:                               26,431                                             692                                           395,651

Sweden:                    10,929                                             586                                           199,026

This has been a helpful site for me to keep track how other nations are doing compared to the US:  

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, tests, and death toll due to the COVID-19 coronavirus from...

Sadly, this global site reveals that the US, despite only having ~4.5% of the world's population, holds about 25% of the world's covid deaths.  Naturally, some say that 'its because other countries aren't reporting their deaths like we do' and that may in fact be the case to some degree.  I, like most infection disease doctors I work with,  just have a hard time believing that all of the other 194 countries on the earth are in cahoots and are collectively underreporting their covid deaths leading to the US death rates being disproportionately high.  This is hard to fathom. Sadly, I believe there is a greater degree of truth to the US  holding a disproportionate number of the world's covid deaths than we would like to admit to- and its secondary to our late response.

Good discussion and I'm grateful for it from you guys- sorry for getting into the weeds a bit.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

15 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Had a RJS mask police chase me out because I wouldn’t wear mask when no one was within 50 feet while I was drinking a beer.  USF and TSA can go eff themselves.  

Don't blame you.  They have lost their minds about this.