• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Won’t be back to RJS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

When you're spaced 50 ft apart?  That's his point...sorry let me add...outdoors...

I understand. This is also my point, yes, there is evidence that having ANY face covering keeps people from touching their face, nose and mouth and potentially transmitting the virus to hard surfaces where it can be picked up by others.  Remember this is NOT only airborne but can be picked up from a surface so a fitted N-95 while likely better isnt the only way to mitigate it.  Researchers were initially adhering to 'only a fitted, N-95 works' and were eventually surprised to discover that any face covering mitigates transmission, admittedly, more than others. MASKS WORK and in ways we don't even fully understand.  

Can we now please move on to more depressing topics than death and covid, you know, the state of USF football?

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Hate to read comments where USF fans/alum get so upset that they say they will never go to games again. Prob something they have enjoyed for years despite the revolving bad teams...You gotta ask yourself...Whoooo? are the ones that will have you wear masks until forever?? That's right. Oddly, "USSR" was mentioned and "Mask Police" in a comment interesting..we could possibly be in our preliminary phase of a new era. Hopefully not. It sounds like not many of us would enjoy that oppressive type of life. We can debate the Covid stuff on and on. There are many forms of virus and bacteria out there that kill people, often/continually. This one for sure is/has been very deadly and extremely publicized but, people are getting it and walking away w/o it. People hear this and that. New restrictions are placed on the public..good or bad? Thus, venues have gone overboard trying to regulate the masses. The game was bad enough to sit through. It's tough to be a Bull's fan. I'm sure you add on the mask situations/patrols ..people are sick of it so they rebel or their logic doesn't seem to jive with a % of the masses. Some people are very scared some, not so much. Tough mix of ingredients doesn't make for a nice night out. Hopefully, some fool doesn't try to mandate masks as a permanent thing. A good thing: Littel old Bobby Bowden at 90 just contracted CV along with all his other ailments and Low/Behold...He is Alive!! Good for him...

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, dclenden said:

I understand. This is also my point, yes, there is evidence that having ANY face covering keeps people from touching their face, nose and mouth and potentially transmitting the virus to hard surfaces where it can be picked up by others.  Remember this is NOT only airborne but can be picked up from a surface so a fitted N-95 while likely better isnt the only way to mitigate it.  Researchers were initially adhering to 'only a fitted, N-95 works' and were eventually surprised to discover that any face covering mitigates transmission, admittedly, more than others. MASKS WORK and in ways we don't even fully understand.  

Can we now please move on to more depressing topics than death and covid, you know, the state of USF football?

You countered with a point not related to what he was talking about...did he say he didn't believe in mask whatsoever?  Can you point that out to me?

Edited by DJBulls

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Exactly!  I follow the rules on masks everywhere I go.  I just felt that being outdoors with no one within at least 50 feet and having to take it on and off while drinking a beverage is excessive.

Personally, I think it's excessive even if every one of the socially distanced seats were filled but the point is it was a requirement. Maybe the TSA personnel should be allowed some discretion in enforcing but bottom line, they were doing what they were told to do.... and it's definitely your prerogative to not attend if it's something you don't want to abide by.

12 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Exactly!  I follow the rules on masks everywhere I go.  I just felt that being outdoors with no one within at least 50 feet and having to take it on and off while drinking a beverage is excessive.

I love the people that didn't process your comment and extrapolated what you said as being a tin foil hat conspiracy theorist that doesn't believe in the effectiveness of mask...

Edited by DJBulls

21 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Now if you can get everyone to wear it properly rather than as a chin strap...

You're right, the chin strap doesn't work.   It is important that we work together on this however.  Masks work and they've been politicized sadly, by both sides, but they do in fact work to prevent illness.  This is no longer refutable.  I am sorry that you got sick and am glad to know that you are ok.  I know that having COVID can be hell- glad you're on the mend, my friend.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Personally, I think it's excessive even if every one of the socially distanced seats were filled but the point is it was a requirement. Maybe the TSA personnel should be allowed some discretion in enforcing but bottom line, they were doing what they were told to do.... and it's definitely your prerogative to not attend if it's something you don't want to abide by.

Agreed.  TSA is doing what their told and thats fine.  When the policy changes, I’ll go back.

6 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

You countered with a point not related to what he was talking about...did he say he didn't believe in mask whatsoever?  Can you point that out to me?

Sure, DJB, here is El Toro's comment about devaluing the efficacy of  masks suggesting that their value was limited to a 'fashion statement' which I responded to :

'Show me one study that says these masks make a difference.  Masks have become a fashion statement and a way to virtue signal.  Some are bedazzled, some are crouched, some are buffs worn as masks and most people don’t wear them correctly anyway.' -El Toro

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, dclenden said:

You're right, the chin strap doesn't work.   It is important that we work together on this however.  Masks work and they've been politicized sadly, by both sides, but they do in fact work to prevent illness.  This is no longer refutable.  I am sorry that you got sick and am glad to know that you are ok.  I know that having COVID can be hell- glad you're on the mend, my friend.

Thanks!  I was fortunate in that I had a very mild case that lasted a couple of days.  

7 minutes ago, dclenden said:

Sure, DJB, here is El Toro's comment about devaluing the efficacy of  masks suggesting that their value was limited to a 'fashion statement' which I responded to :

'Show me one study that says these masks make a difference.  Masks have become a fashion statement and a way to virtue signal.  Some are bedazzled, some are crouched, some are buffs worn as masks and most people don’t wear them correctly anyway.' -El Toro

I stand corrected lol...I'll shut up now...carry on...

Edited by DJBulls