• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Won’t be back to RJS

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Agreed.  TSA is doing what their told and thats fine.  When the policy changes, I’ll go back.

At least we didn't have to sign a waiver to attend the game like we did for the Bucs ....... which was kind of weird considering both controlled by TSA.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

5 minutes ago, dclenden said:

Sure, DJB, here is El Toro's comment about devaluing the efficacy of  masks suggesting that their value was limited to a 'fashion statement' which I responded to :

'Show me one study that says these masks make a difference.  Masks have become a fashion statement and a way to virtue signal.  Some are bedazzled, some are crouched, some are buffs worn as masks and most people don’t wear them correctly anyway.' -El Toro

I understand the science behind it but the way I see most people wearing masks these days I just don’t think it does much good.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442
  • Days Won:  0

As per my post last night my brother in law will have tubes removed in about 2 hours, probably be embalmed by this time tomorrow, he didn't believe in this "shamdemic".

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

We should have just played this season at Corbett

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, East lake bull said:

As per my post last night my brother in law will have tubes removed in about 2 hours, probably be embalmed by this time tomorrow, he didn't believe in this "shamdemic".

So sorry to read this.  I've sent prayers for all of you.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,611
  • Days Won:  51

8 minutes ago, East lake bull said:

**** that sux man.  Can you provide any details about his health prior to getting CV?  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

12 minutes ago, East lake bull said:

Sorry to hear that for your family. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254

24 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I understand the science behind it but the way I see most people wearing masks these days I just don’t think it does much good.  

ET86- agreed on at times poor mask compliance.  Wearing it on one's chin is not effective, we can agree on this.   Just know that the more compliant we are the more effective they are.

For comparison, in the U.S., there are 10 immunizations required of you from the time you enter grade school- polio, diptheria, tetanus, pertussis, etc- those things we have had since we were a kid.  If you dive into the compliance for any of these vaccines in the US, we still only vaccinate 70-90% depending on the vaccine series. This doesn't mean that because we only capture  in aggregate 70.4% of series-7 vaccine (2018) compliance, that the US should throw the vaccines out due to a lack of 100% compliance.  Instead we should work towards 100% compliance. The same rules apply for face masks. Not everyone uses them correctly admittedly, however,  each person that does aids in disease prevention and mitigating this awful illness - identical with vaccinations.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  442

Just now, Grateful Dad said:

So sorry to read this.  I've sent prayers for all of you.

Thanks, way too many Thanksgivings and Christmases will be without a loved one at the table due to this virus. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

50 minutes ago, dclenden said:

I understand. This is also my point, yes, there is evidence that having ANY face covering keeps people from touching their face, nose and mouth and potentially transmitting the virus to hard surfaces where it can be picked up by others.  Remember this is NOT only airborne but can be picked up from a surface so a fitted N-95 while likely better isnt the only way to mitigate it.  Researchers were initially adhering to 'only a fitted, N-95 works' and were eventually surprised to discover that any face covering mitigates transmission, admittedly, more than others. MASKS WORK and in ways we don't even fully understand.  

Can we now please move on to more depressing topics than death and covid, you know, the state of USF football?

I've seen plenty to indicate that people touch their face more when you have mask mandates. 

Sweeden didnt close anything or have a mask mandate, and have a much lower infection rate and less people dead from it on a per population basis. 

I'm sure you'll be like "oh Sweeden is less populated" well Stockholm is more densely populated and more total population then the Tampa Bay area. 

There are also examples in America that didnt shut down, and it seems to have no correlation to infection rates unless you watch CNN and they nit pick data for you.