• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Won’t be back to RJS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

10 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

From outside the US looking in it is completely ridiculous how y'all act to wearing masks. But what do we know, even with next to 0 covid cases outside of the state quarantine people still wear their masks, people still scan in to places, and people still get temp checked. You know what we do have? Open bars, open businesses, open sporting events, pretty much everything but the tourists because they couldn't bit the bullet for a couple of months the same as we did here... 

00virus-thailand-photos-01-videoSixteenB

Can the country’s low rate of coronavirus infections be attributed to culture? Genetics? Face masks? Or a combination of all three?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

51 minutes ago, chapelbull said:
00virus-thailand-photos-01-videoSixteenB

Can the country’s low rate of coronavirus infections be attributed to culture? Genetics? Face masks? Or a combination of all three?

Yup.  It's not just testing either, you aren't seeing the sick or the deaths. Had to take my gf to the hospital for an eye injury and hospital is business as usual. Friend who works at another hospital isn't seeing it either. Most of the complaints ive heard about masks, social restrictions, impact on children etc just don't seem to be issues here. People somehow breath just fine, adapt to restrictions on gathering or education changes, fine. What is hurting is the tourism sector but as a community, culturally there is a lot more lets take care of us mentality rather than let's take care of myself.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

3 minutes ago, SpeedyBull said:

Yup.  It's not just testing either, you aren't seeing the sick or the deaths. Had to take my gf to the hospital for an eye injury and hospital is business as usual. Friend who works at another hospital isn't seeing it either. Most of the complaints ive heard about masks, social restrictions, impact on children etc just don't seem to be issues here. People somehow breath just fine, adapt to restrictions on gathering or education changes, fine. What is hurting is the tourism sector but as a community, culturally there is a lot more lets take care of us mentality rather than let's take care of myself.

Thailand is 1/5th the population of the US.   The culture is totally different, not just there but in the region.  The article points out some serious economic issues especially for low income workers in the hospitality sector.   There are even some questions about reporting in the article as some deported migrants tested positive upon arrival in their own countries.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Thailand is 1/5th the population of the US.   The culture is totally different, not just there but in the region.  The article points out some serious economic issues especially for low income workers in the hospitality sector.   There are even some questions about reporting in the article as some deported migrants tested positive upon arrival in their own countries.

No doubt there are economic issues. Jut took Holiday in Koh Tao and Koh Samui and they are ghost towns. Friends that run businesses in Phuket have closed, some temporarily some permanently. It stinks. But I do not think if the gates were wide open, and the virus was flourishing like it is in the US and Europe that people would be traveling here anyways.  

And yes after living in SEA (South East Asia) for 4+ years now I think i would be in complete culture shock to go back to the states. Before the outbreak I was only planning to return to sell off everything as ive already felt the disconnect for some time. Still try to follow my bulls though, even though this year is a dismal year for football again. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

17 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

As someone who knows people whose health has been personally compromised by this virus, you, sir, have your head in the sand. Your attitude is ignorant and dangerous. And, please, there is no need for you to respond, unless you’d like to take your mask-less ass to a spot I can send you to visit with some who are dealing with this “fake pandemic” that’s just like the flu.

Please go on about how much I'm ill in formed when you have states re-evaluating death certificates from last September through January this year and re-issuing new death certigicates with current dates. Please tell me about the rising covid death rates. Well news flash, covid is a cure all. Check current stats on cancer, heart disease, strokes, auto accidents. All those have drasticly dtopped death rates. I should be happy but, I'm not. You see, when my wife dies, they'll claim it as another covid case. Who cares that shes been living with cancer for 10 years, amiright!!! Kiss my ass.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Not just 1/5th of the population, you are comparing us to basically a country with one ethnic group, one religion which makes it much easier to join together and work toward a common goal.  We have a melting pot with many that have no intention of assimilating into a common culture or shared belief and others that are taught to distrust and dislike each other.  We are an overweight diverse country that lacks the will or want to band together and eventually this will lead toward our demise. Happy Monday to everyone!😀

So true, we get along for now, only because their is plenty of food on the buffet table, but once things get scarce we'll go the way of all multi-ethnic empires, tribal warfare.

• Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  483
  • Days Won:  1

As someone who doesn't believe the government should be telling us what to do, I have to say that whatever mechanism the TSA wants to impose is (almost) entirely within their rights. Even though it is a quasi-governmental organization, it can set its only guidelines similarly to any private business. If a private business requires you to wear a purple t-shirt to be in their establishment, then you better wear a purple t-shirt if you want to go in. I was at the game, I saw the mask police, and had no issue as their policy is very clear and by entering, I agreed to it. This is a free country, but the entities within it are not 'free'. Just like the people kneeling during the National Anthem...they do not have freedom of expression at that time for they are employees. I don't care if the TSA guy literally sat down right next to you for the entire game, they have that right. Just as you have the right to say that you are not going to attend anymore. Not sure who wins there...you don't get to go to the game, the school doesn't get as much money, the TSA cop maybe loses his job because fewer people are going to the game. Seems more reasonable to just abide by the rules set by the private entity.

All being said...anyone who is calling Sweden a 'failure' just isn't paying attention. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,505
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Not just 1/5th of the population, you are comparing us to basically a country with one ethnic group, one religion which makes it much easier to join together and work toward a common goal.  We have a melting pot with many that have no intention of assimilating into a common culture or shared belief and others that are taught to distrust and dislike each other.  We are an overweight diverse country that lacks the will or want to band together and eventually this will lead toward our demise. Happy Monday to everyone!😀

Sounds like the perfect response to those yapping about Sweden, too ....

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  2,508

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

Pretty sure it's only service dogs ...

I mean, with limited capacity why not let people pay for a seat to bring their dogs. That’s extra revenue, plus they could hand out USF poop bags as a fan item. Just embrace our shittiness.