• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can football make a quick turnaround?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah four ranked teams...

Who cares about rankings? How many conference champions did we produce??

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Now where did we put that "last word" thread?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 hours ago, puc86 said:

The same number as xCJL had ranked teams at the end of the season.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Now where did we put that "last word" thread?

It is amazing reading this thread and never understanding what puc is trying to say.  You can’t win the argument because there is no point to his stance,  we all agree the G5 sucks and the only thing that will truly excite the casual fan is going to a NY6 bowl and the only way to do this is to win the conf championship and finish the highest ranked which has never happened.  Life was better in the Big East with Jim but those days are gone, much like some of my hair and testosterone, I make do with what I have left.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It is amazing reading this thread and never understanding what puc is trying to say.  You can’t win the argument because there is no point to his stance,  we all agree the G5 sucks and the only thing that will truly excite the casual fan is going to a NY6 bowl and the only way to do this is to win the conf championship and finish the highest ranked which has never happened.  Life was better in the Big East with Jim but those days are gone, much like some of my hair and testosterone, I make do with what I have left.

Funny thing is, in my opinion, that in the playoff system as it is today, that even being in the BE our chances of making the playoffs are the same. The football portion of the BE was looked at the exact same way the AAC is looked at today. We may have had a little more money, but I think we would still be left behind the other conferences. Their leadership is/was leaps and bounds better than what we have/had. And if we think was bad and got worse! just wait til they start paying players.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

40 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Funny thing is, in my opinion, that in the playoff system as it is today, that even being in the BE our chances of making the playoffs are the same. The football portion of the BE was looked at the exact same way the AAC is looked at today. We may have had a little more money, but I think we would still be left behind the other conferences. Their leadership is/was leaps and bounds better than what we have/had. And if we think was bad and got worse! just wait til they start paying players.

We used to be the 4th best team in the 6th best conference. Now we're the 8th best team in the 6th best conference.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 hours ago, puc86 said:

What are you talking about? I am referring to your comment that beating AAC teams has no value but in fact it does as our conference has multiple ranked teams. When you beat one, you move up in the rankings. Take your loss and move on. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Not everyone agrees to this there are frequently people that take the absurd stance that the AAC is the same or even more laughably better than the Big East. And the basics of my argument is that if we lose multiple games to P5 teams and win the AAC we will not be part of the NYE6 which makes winning the AAC pretty close to worthless as we are still left playing in one of the AAC's horrible slate of bowls where as P5 victories are good in and of themselves. Ultimately being in the G5 we just have to win them all and people over value an AAC championship because of the novelty of it and they have talked to too many UCF fans. 

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

Except that the BEAST was an autobid BCS conference which is not quite the same as sharing one with 4 other conferences, BEAST teams were regularly ranked in the top 4 which is not happening with this AAC and the BEAST was made up of teams that were called up to P5 which is not quite the same as being called up to the mighty AAC from CUSA. 

33 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What are you talking about? I am referring to your comment that beating AAC teams has no value but in fact it does as our conference has multiple ranked teams. When you beat one, you move up in the rankings. Take your loss and move on. 

You move up past that team or any other team that lost, you never once get a bounce that would move you past a winning team. If Boise doesn't lose to BYU last season they are in the NYE6 game and there is no amount of ranked AAC teams an AAC team could beat that would have leapfrogged them.