• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can football make a quick turnaround?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 3/9/2020 at 8:11 AM, NewEnglandBull said:

And we won so many championships in the big least....(eye roll)...

And the OP conveniently ignores the many years Leavitt didn't win championships in lesser conferences.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Ya. Taggart was great at the end, but he left us. Time to move on and live in the present.

I am in the present and I think if we can’t get to 6 wins that is a failure, I think CJS can do it and it’s unfortunate that people don’t have any faith in him.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes, USF fans will remember this  more. You think the current students today give two schits we beat Auburn and Notre Dame 15 years ago? You are kidding yourself and it makes you sound like an old man. I don't know random people...only people who love championships. 

There's two kinds of people in this world. People who love championships and losers who don't like them because they can't win them.
It's science!!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I hate the off season, this is an exercise in futility.  I want to be in a better conference, I want to win a conference championship and I want to beat a notable P5 team however we haven’t done any of these in a decade or more but let’s still argue about which one is better,  jeez give it a rest.

The argument is fun and cute but we've trod this ground before and both conference championships and signature wins over P5 teams are needed to make a name.

Just now, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

There's two kinds of people in this world. People who love championships and losers who don't like them because they can't win them.
It's science!!

No one hates championships it’s just that there are two types of people in this world those that recognize that coming in last in the Olympics is more of an accomplishment than beating 5 year old kids on a playground and those that always compete at lower levels because they think any win is the same and they are afraid of their ability to compete at actual competitive levels. There isn’t one program in the nation that would trade coming in last in the SEC for an AAC championship.

12 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If the reason I got in prison was due to my own stupid mistake...no I should not complain. Take your beating like a man and make the best of it. USF and lack of past success, namely championships and AD piss poor decision making, got you to the AAC. It’s where we are...make the best of it by being the best. 

You aren't in prison because of your own mistake. USF is like Andy Dufresne in Shawshank. A victim of a system that put him there as an innocent man, and the system that refuses to subpoena and ultimately kills Tommy,  the cellmate of the real killer Elmo Blatch, to prevent his proving his innocence are effectively ESPN and the Big East teams that screwed us over for their own benefit.

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

You aren't in prison because of your own mistake. USF is like Andy Dufresne in Shawshank. A victim of a system that put him there as an innocent man, and the system that refuses to subpoena and ultimately kills Tommy,  the cellmate of the real killer Elmo Blatch, to prevent his proving his innocence are effectively ESPN and the Big East teams that screwed us over for their own benefit.

We shouldn’t have been so good at doing the warden’s accounting, it is kind of our fault.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

my opinion and feelings are as fair as anyone’s and typically given with more support and reason than most.

Also you:

So you want me to be more objective, fair and argue in good faith? I do not think that is a very good strategy for a propagandist. Step one look for the most exploitable parts of an argument or poster and create a characterization, step two paint the target with that characterization, step three attack that characterization, step four turn the target into that characterization, step five win. See in zero of the steps is there room for reasonable honest dialogue, the goal is to win the argument and not to have the nicest most fruitful conversation, you are asking me to internet wrong. 

It's not about personal insults. Brad's policy is about personal conflicts derailing threads. You and several others are rehashing a 2007/G5 vs P5/CJL debate for the millionth time in a thread about USF's 2021 prospects.

Now I'm not Brad, but that strikes me as a personal conflict. Somehow, this thread devolved into another thread about Leavitt. I do believe that's what Brad was trying to prevent with his message last week. Lets stop derailing threads with decade old narratives.

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

No one hates championships it’s just that there are two types of people in this world those that recognize that coming in last in the Olympics is more of an accomplishment than beating 5 year old kids on a playground and those that always compete at lower levels because they think any win is the same and they are afraid of their ability to compete at actual competitive levels. There isn’t one program in the nation that would trade coming in last in the SEC for an AAC championship.

Trust me. those 5 year olds can be fast!

15 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

Also you:

It's not about personal insults. Brad's policy is about personal conflicts derailing threads. You and several others are rehashing a 2007/G5 vs P5/CJL debate for the millionth time in a thread about USF's 2021 prospects.

Now I'm not Brad, but that strikes me as a personal conflict. Somehow, this thread devolved into another thread about Leavitt. I do believe that's what Brad was trying to prevent with his message last week. Lets stop derailing threads with decade old narratives.

I am sorry that you feel that way but I can assure you it is not with the intention of upsetting you, I can assure you if there is any time I’m being sincere it’s with regards to the BEAST, the AAC and CJL. One day we will do things to surpass the accomplishments of the past and we can all unite under the same banner, hopefully CJS is the guy to do it but it hasn’t happened quite yet.

15 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Trust me. those 5 year olds can be fast!

Have you tried tripping them or going on a fast count? They are usually pretty easy to trick.