• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can football make a quick turnaround?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Man, I feel like a dove sitting on a power line just waiting to get blasted...   Maybe your right NEB, nobody can refute it... ****, I might be home free...?

You win the Internet for day BulledOver 👍👍🤘

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

How about one day we win all football games on the schedule?  Let's try that 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

How about one day we win all football games on the schedule?  Let's try that 

Sounds like a plan to me and you can’t do that without winning the P5 games first...

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, puc86 said:

It is past time to move on and hopefully one day we can actually accomplish something greater so that can happen, as it currently stands the last person to do anything that anyone cared about (besides just getting hired) is Skip Holtz and that is sad.

The Notre Dame win.  But that was our only highlight under him.

Leavitt had more big wins over those types of teams.

6 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

The Notre Dame win.  But that was our only highlight under him.

Leavitt had more big wins over those types of teams.

History has shined on the Dabo Clemson win pretty well as well, since then we have had a couple of coaches CWT and CCS that tried to build excitement by having a double digit AAC winning season and the results have been a collective yawn from the world. Now some on here will try to claim that if those 10 win seasons had come with an AAC championship it would have made a world of difference but I’m pretty confident that beating Wisconsin last year, Texas next year, Florida and Alabama coming up would all have a bigger splash in every regard than beating a lifetime of Tulsas, Tulanes and SMUs.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

History has shined on the Dabo Clemson win pretty well as well, since then we have had a couple of coaches CWT and CCS that tried to build excitement by having a double digit AAC winning season and the results have been a collective yawn from the world. Now some on here will try to claim that if those 10 win seasons had come with an AAC championship it would have made a world of difference but I’m pretty confident that beating Wisconsin last year, Texas next year, Florida and Alabama coming up would all have a bigger splash in every regard than beating a lifetime of Tulsas, Tulanes and SMUs.

You conveniently forgot that if we had won against ucf and the AAC Championship we would have also been playing in a NYD bowl. You seem to forget that typically comes with the title. But go on...keep doing that you do champ...

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

You conveniently forgot that if we had won against ucf and the AAC Championship we would have also been playing in a NYD bowl. You seem to forget that typically comes with the title. But go on...keep doing that you do champ...

It sometimes comes with but is not guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination; if we lose all of our P5 games and win the AAC we more than likely are on the outside looking in at Boise or whoever is the cinderalla du jour that year. Many times it’s the AAC team because they went closest to undefeated and beat their P5 slate not because they play in the AAC.

41 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It sometimes comes with but is not guaranteed by any stretch of the imagination; if we lose all of our P5 games and win the AAC we more than likely are on the outside looking in at Boise or whoever is the cinderalla du jour that year. Many times it’s the AAC team because they went closest to undefeated and beat their P5 slate not because they play in the AAC.

Yeah those 4 teams finishing ranked in the top 25 had nothing to do with it. 10 out of 9 years the AAC will get the New Years slot because it is  a solid conference. Conference was only fair against the P5 last year. 

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah those 4 teams finishing ranked in the top 25 had nothing to do with it. 10 out of 9 years the AAC will get the New Years slot because it is  a solid conference. Conference was only fair against the P5 last year. 

Yes it absolutely has nothing to do with the rest of your conference as it only goes to the single top ranked G5 and the voters have demonstrated that they care most about being undefeated and winning against P5 teams and there rankings directly reflect that. Early on the G5 team of the year gets selected in the upper teens and the only way to move past them is by beating P5 teams or having them lose. The rankings always reflect this and I have never once seen an AAC team move past a team that won, literally not once and neither has anyone else.

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yes it absolutely has nothing to do with the rest of your conference as it only goes to the single top ranked G5 and the voters have demonstrated that they care most about being undefeated and winning against P5 teams and there rankings directly reflect that. Early on the G5 team of the year gets selected in the upper teens and the only way to move past them is by beating P5 teams or having them lose. The rankings always reflect this and I have never once seen an AAC team move past a team that won, literally not once and neither has anyone else.

Yes and the single top ranked G5 conference is the AAC...almost without exception the voters have seen (thus why we have 4 teams finished ranked) this and consequently we will get the bid 90% of the time. I would challenge your statement but I don’t have the time nor inclination to do so. If your point is that the conference is not as good as the P5 then this is subjective since we don’t get an opportunity to play them all. For example I would stack this conference the middle and lower levels of the ACC and PAC every day of the week. Any non recognition of this fact is not the fault of the conference or it’s teams but instead the bias nature of the playoff committee. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull