• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can football make a quick turnaround?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

I am as big a fan of Leavitt's as anyone.  Quite honestly, I never cared for Taggart or Strong, but this post is sort of clueless about USF Football.

The win at Notre Dame was under Holtz. 

As far as measurable results, the 2 best W-L records in school history were under Taggart and Strong.

NCAA record (at the time) for consecutive games of 30 points or more was set under Taggart/Strong.  

I am not taking the time to look it up, but I am guessing that most offensive records in school history were set under Taggart.

Where are the championships??? Only USF fans remember those other games and quiet frankly even those are starting to get blurry.

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,072
  • Days Won:  172

On 3/6/2020 at 12:25 PM, DELdaBull said:

No. This is a 6 or 7 win team next year - MAX

this is a quick turnaround in my book

11 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Where are the championships??? Only USF fans remember those other games and quiet frankly even those are starting to get blurry.

it is all about championships

stats are for losers

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Best coach of an average program...so impressive 

so true 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Best coach of an average program...so impressive 

If USF football is enough for us to gather here and discuss everyday I certainly think being the best at it is a distinction of note.

42 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Do you honestly think more fans of other programs will remember our AAC championships than will remember wins against any program they have actually heard of before? I think you are in for some disappointment when your championship fantasies coming crashing into the cold hard realities of G5 football. I imagine the conversation to go something like this:

Random guy at work: wow neb you seem pretty happy this morning, did you get lucky this weekend?

Neb: I sure did USF won the AAC championship for the first time ever.

Randon guy: Cool Neb that’s awesome just one question though what’s an AAC?

Edited by puc86

10 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Do you honestly think more fans of other programs will remember our AAC championships than will remember wins against any program they have actually heard of before? I think you are in for some disappointment when your championship fantasies coming crashing into the cold hard realities of G5 football. I imagine the conversation to go something like this:

Random guy at work: wow neb you seem pretty happy this morning, did you get lucky this weekend?

neb and most will get pure pleasure from the winning of the championship

what another person thinks is not material or relevant. neb' or my joy doesnt come from a reaction of the third person

22 minutes ago, smazza said:

neb and most will get pure pleasure from the winning of the championship

what another person thinks is not material or relevant. neb' or my joy doesnt come from a reaction of the third person

Neb said that big wins are less valuable than Conference championships because only USF fans know about USF big wins which insinuates that people will know about the AAC championship. NEB is the one that used other people’s reaction as a barometer and NEB is dead wrong.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Would that conversation happen before or after explaining what a football was? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Would that conversation happen before or after explaining what a football was? 

Laugh all you like but we live in a P5 world, the XFL with its beer snakes gets more coverage than the G5 and more fans ignore the AAC or are unaware of it than follow it close enough to know who is the Conference champion in any given year. Hell we are in it and I couldn’t tell you in any given year other than it wasn’t us.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

Yes, USF fans will remember this  more. You think the current students today give two schits we beat Auburn and Notre Dame 15 years ago? You are kidding yourself and it makes you sound like an old man. I don't know random people...only people who love championships. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull